News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI Aug 6-7, 2016

Started by D.O.M., August 06, 2016, 11:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.O.M.

A great day was had by all on Saturday. Shooters took to the mats like they owned them. (many mats were in fact owned by shooters ;) )
The students drank in the instruction like cool water, which they also drank plenty of!

Each person on the line really worked hard, and it showed. Thank you to each and every one for getting off the couch and coming to the event to eat dust and sweat bore solvent!
Congratulations to Saul and Karen for persisting and achieving the coveted Rifleman Patch! Huzzah!  ^:)^ ^:)^
Kaity, you were so close! The fact that you cleaned the last redcoat proves what a great shot you are. I hope to see you back next time.  O0
Kim, you worked so hard! Thanks for persisting and for bringing Kaity, perhaps your best work ;)
Bob and Tim, you guys were great. It's always encouraging to see good friends come out and shoot together! I'm glad we got your sights switched over, Tim. Be sure and put some lock-tite on those screws.  :cool2:
John, I'm glad you came out and ran that 795 'till it broke. It'll be good as new after a good hose down. I hope to see you at another event.
Nathan, thanks for shooting with us. You are a very we disciplined young man. I'd be happy to have you on my line any day! Let me know how that savage works out, ok?  :~
Dave, so sorry you had to work Sunday. You were looking great on Saturday. If only we had a little more time... That was a great looking rifle, too. I may have to get one of those stocks!  ::)
John and Dennis. Thanks for coming out on Saturday. Sorry that you didn't make it Sunday. You guys showed an amazing determination. That is what this country is about!  :bow:

More posts and pics to follow!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Roundballer

I know that at least one rifleman was made on Sunday, and she should take advantage of that and have someone else cook for a while.  That being said:

:pics:

Many took advantage of the opportunity and stepped up to shoot the Bess, smell the smoke and feel the recoil.   O0

D.O.M.

Thanks for coming out and giving the Brown Bess demo, Roundballer! I'm sure some memories were made  O0

I know Fly-Boy took pics. I'm sure he'll post them up soon... Right, Fly-Boy?  ~~:)
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

unnaturalpoa

Let's see. Here's an abbreviated AAR: good fun was had.

I heard a clarion call for historical awareness, political vigilance and full democratic participation. I also got to shoot 420 odd rounds of 22, and one musket ball. That alone is success!

D.O.M. was a friendly, calm  and charismatic shootboss. Fly-Boy was a phenomenal IIT, giving helpful suggestions and passionate renditions of his parts of the three-strike narrative. Grindstone offered on-the-line instruction and historical vignettes both with dead-pan humor and a wry grin. Thanks folks, you converted me! I'll be back and I'll see how many I can bring with me. 

D.O.M.

I didn't take as many pics as usual, but here's what I have...

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

WhitePine

I do believe that a great time was had by all.  DOM Thanks for you help with the Marlin,  when I got it back and cleaned out it was back up and running.  Hope to make it to another event soon and shoot up some more ammo.  I know I made huge improvements in my marksmanship ability. 

Roundballer,  Thanks for bringing out the Brown Bess for the demonstration.  I greatly appreciated the opportunity to fire it!

D O M, Flyboy, Grindstone; Thanks for you excellent help and instruction over an excellent weekend!

Congrats to Karen and Saul!  as well as everyone else who learned and improved over the weekend. 

Chameleon

Just wanted to enjoy a weekend of shooting under the controlled guidance that is provided at the Appleseed events (since I am clueless when it comes to anything gun related). Hearing the stories of ordinary men and women doing extraordinary things that paved the way for me to live in freedom is icing on the cake.

D.O.M's impassioned words made me see how abstract this important history has become to me. It gave me pause to consider how fragile our liberties really are when ignorance, apathy and laziness dominate our society. Thank you for the wake-up call.

Kudos to you, Fly-Boy, for picking up the banner at a young age and being involved in helping us ‘older' people to understand what it's about.

Grindstone was a storehouse of knowledge - thank you for your expertise and contribution to the ‘cause'.

Roundballer, it was fun to be in your space again and hear the stories you tell. Thanks for sharing Brown Bess with us.

Congrats to Saul for achieving your Rifleman patch and I'd also like to say thank you for the encouragement that you offered me throughout the weekend. The rest of you guys and gals - hang in there and keep working the method as the instructors taught us - you will for sure get the prize. Some of you were SO CLOSE!!!

Had a great time with a wonderful group of people. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the outcome of the weekend. I almost didn't turn in that last AQT target for scoring - didn't think I stood a chance of coming close to a qualifying score. U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E!!! I'm going to second what unnaturalpoa said in his post…"I'll be back and I'll see how many I can bring with me."

HUZZAH!    ^:)^

Grindstone

Huzzah! It is always refreshing to see a group of individuals with the dedication I saw at this event. I think all of the shooters demonstrated the potential to get their patches within a few months; all it takes is a little bit of practice at home. Get comfortable with those positions so you can find your NPOA and move it to the target with only a few quick adjustments. Against the clock, practice the mag changes and squeezing the trigger at rifleman's cadence (and don't forget the NPOA shifts). Don't be afraid to speak up on the forum if you have any questions.

Remember the last lines in our national anthem end with a question.

Chameleon

D.O.M., I would very much like to read the woman's story/letter that you were looking to have me read aloud to the group.  If you do find it, can you attach it to a post on this thread?

Thanks   :)

D.O.M.

Certainly, Chameleon! I'll find it and get it over to you!

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Fly-Boy

Here are some more pics most of them are from sunday
This is only temporary....unless it works - Red Green

"Who ever looks upon them as an irregular mob will find themselves very much mistaken. For they have men among them who know very well what they are about." - Brigadier Genral Lord Hugh Percy

Fly-Boy

More pics!

"Who ever looks upon them as an irregular mob will find themselves very much mistaken. For they have men among them who know very well what they are about." - Brigadier Genral Lord Hugh Percy

Fly-Boy

Even more pics!

unnaturalpoa

Fly-Boy

Your very welcome for posting pictures. It was my distinct pleasure to have all of you on the line and congrats again to Saul and Karen