News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAT CREEK, CA JULY 30-31

Started by NorCal22Gal, August 04, 2016, 02:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

This turned out to be an unusual, but fun, weekend. 

We started out with 5 students preregistered.  3 youth and 2 adults.  The adult were previous students.  One of the youth was not able to come.  The other two, Annie and Davis, came out and had a great time Saturday morning.  Other commitments had them leaving just before lunch, I did a short history for them and answered the questions and presented them with a Young Patriots patch to remind them of the  time they spent.  They had a great time and were starting to make progress.  I hope they come back out again sometime.

After lunch we discussed what the other two students, (who were actually blue hats, Steve and April, riflemen from our May shoot) wanted to focus on.  Both wanted to fine tune their seated and standing positions and do a couple of AQT's.  Well it paid off.  Steve posted a 231!

We moved over to the rifle range and went through some KD instruction.  Thank you to BobS and Matt for letting Steve and April shoot your center fire rifles!

Sunday,  Jennifer joined Steve and April on the line to work on getting her rifleman score.  Scope issues caused that not to happen this weekend, keep up the good work though Jennifer! 

April posted a 231 on Sunday to match Steve's!

After lunch, April and Bob shot  KD AQT...since we weren't planning on shooting KD, we did a "hits count" on some cardboard imporvised silhouettes (thanks Joe and Matt!!).  No rifleman scores there, but both learned lots.

Steve and April made the decision to become instructors and take the orange hat.  Welcome aboard guys!!

Thanks to all of you for coming out.  Thanks for helping with set up and clean up.  It was a great weekend and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

Looking forward to the October event!

Instructors:

Laurie        NorCal22Gal
Joe          eaglescouter
Andy          700x32
Matt           just.a.guy
Bob           BobS
Jennifer      Puma Mami

eaglescouter

Another normal Appleseed weekend.

1.  Amazing participants.
2.  Awesome instructors devoted to the mission and the students.
3.  Camping at the range.
4.  Spending the weekend in the tall pine trees at 3,000 feet.
5.  100-400 yard KD shooting!

Can you believe we get to do this?
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Texas T

Welcome aboard, April and Steve. Thanks for stepping forward.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

TallSteve

What a Great Weekend!

The Rifle Range at Hat Creek is Fantastic!  We enjoyed shooting at this range so much that we joined The Hat Creek Rifle and Pistol Club.  We enjoyed camping there Saturday night.

Although we were disappointed that the other shooters left, we we really excited to be able to design our own shooting course for the weekend!  Seated position had been my biggest challenge for improving my scores.  I received a LOT of help with my seated position.  And it paid off.  Shot scores of 223 and 231 on Saturday.

I received some great instruction from Matt on shooting AR-15 with peep sights.  I was pretty comfortable engaging targets out to 200 yards and even 300 yards. 

We had a great pizza dinner with everyone and enjoyed the socializing. 

Sunday I continued to work on my seated position.  I did a lot of work on my transitions.  I got very comfortable and much more efficient with the loop sling. 

I finished up Sunday with shooting an AR15 with scope from distances of 100 to beyond 400 yards.  Matt and Joe gave me some great help. 

We had super people, great weather, beautiful range, and the surprise of a customized rifle course! 

I look forward to helping others through this program. 

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

polygunner

What? KD? Why wasn't I there?

Lesson: Always attend every Appleseed you can, you never know what you'll miss!

As usual you all had a great weekend of marksmanship and patriotism.

Laurie, Joe, and Matt are an asset to the Appleseed program. You guys are awesome.

PG