News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Update on Ohio

Started by Corvette, July 28, 2016, 02:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Hello Ohio AS,

Just wanted to let everyone know that earlier this week the Nov Wilmington shoot sold out. That is Ohio's 7th sell out this year. That is the most in the region, Wisconson has 6. This would not have happened with out all of your help and dedication. My hat is off to each and every one of the SBs, Instructirs, IITs and Blue Hats that made this possible.

Let's finish the year strong and get a couple more before we are through. Again thank you Ohio, you guys and gals are the best.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

goodoldfriend

Woot, way to go Ohio!

My daughter is going to Wilmington with me in November. She got the last ticket. She really enjoys shooting and I hope she can get her rifleman patch this time.

Oh yeah, me too...LOL
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Corvette

Goodoldfriend,

I look forward to seeing you again at the Wilmington shoot in Nov and meeting you'd daughter.

Huzzah see you soon.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

BamaFan7

New to the board and Appleseed. Registered for the August New Philadelphia event. Super excited!
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

Corvette

BamaFan,

Looking forward to meeting you at the New Philly shoot.  It will be a great shoot and be sure to bring a centerfire, the range we are on goes out to 300 yards.

See you soon.

Corvette

BamaFan7

Quote from: Corvette on August 03, 2016, 01:22:10 AM
BamaFan,

Looking forward to meeting you at the New Philly shoot.  It will be a great shoot and be sure to bring a centerfire, the range we are on goes out to 300 yards.

See you soon.

Corvette

Sounds great. I'm looking forward to it. I'll be shooting my AR both days. How many rounds should I bring? I've read a lot about low round count shoots because of ammo scarcity. Thanks!
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

Shards

I only see events posted through the end of October on the Appleseed Schedule for OH, but people are talking about a November event? Is there another place to look?

Corvette

Bama Fan, 

Typical round count for one of my shoots is 350-400 rounds. 

Shards

You are correct, the last shoot on this year's schedule is Wilmington on 29th adn 30th Oct.  The Schedule on the site is correct.

Corvette

goodoldfriend

Quote from: Shards on August 03, 2016, 10:27:02 AM
I only see events posted through the end of October on the Appleseed Schedule for OH, but people are talking about a November event? Is there another place to look?

Shards, depending on where you are, you might check neighboring states. I did a quick look at Indiana and Kentucky and did not see anything past October there.

The Wilmington shoot is almost November...LOL

Even though it is full, you might send a PM to the shoot boss or Corvette and ask if you can attend. I have known them to squeeze an extra body or two into the event but I do not want to speak out of turn. Please check with someone if the event shows sold out. There has always been a reply to my questions here and elsewhere on the forums.

Good luck and hope to see you around sometime.
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

BamaFan7

350-400 is for both days, correct? Probably doesn't hurt to bring more, right?

Corvette

No, it will be 350-400 for the entire weekend. Corvette

Charles McKinley

Hi Shards,

There is a Winterseed scheduled for December at Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania.  It isn't too far from the Ohio line.

There is also a shoot at Beaver Falls August 20-20 that needs more shooters.  It is an easy venue to get to for border raiders.

(For those that can't take a hint: PLEASE FILL MY LINES!).

Thank you,

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

goodoldfriend

How can it be a Winterseed if winter doesn't start until 12/21 this year? **)
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

goodoldfriend

Corvette,
I think I have the OK to also bring my grandson to the Wilmington event in October. I spoke to my daughter last night about it. She said he is disciplined enough to go shooting with me now. He is 10 or 11.

My plan is to take him shooting in the meantime with either a Cricket or a 10/22 with only one round loaded at a time till he gets used to it. Actually will probably start him on the Cricket then move him to the 10/22 as that would be what he will use at the event.

Will there be any problem with bringing him too or is this a question for the SB for the event? Please let me know.

Thanks!
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Corvette

No, plan on bringing him.  We will have a no show or two and he can fill in.  Plan on paying for him at the event as a walk on.  I will let the SB know to expect one extra.

Corvette

Corvette

For what it is worth, Marion in Oct just sold out, that makes 8. Well done ohio.

Corvette

Mutant Texan

I could not wait any longer.  I signed up for the Gibsonburg shoot this October.  I am still trying to hear back from my younger brother and college buddy on if they will be able to make it.

"Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills."

Flavius Josephus, Jewish Historian, AD 37--101, on the Roman military

Corvette

Sounds great, maybe I will see you there.

Corvette

DrRichP

Team Ohio,

You folks have been working so very hard to serve our mission. I wanted to let you know I see your hard work paying off and I appreciate your efforts. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=47868.msg335878;topicseen#msg335878

Keep up the great work, and THANK YOU!

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Corvette

Ohio, let me Echo DrRichP, you guys and gals are doing a great job more the mission and showing that Buckeye pride runs deep.

Corvette