News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, Mi July 23-24 AAR

Started by Caliper, July 27, 2016, 12:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliper

Whew, it was a hot one! We made it through hot and humid weather on Saturday and got a tiny bit of relief on Sunday. Fortunately, without too much rain either. But, aside from the weather, this crew of Young Marines got a wonderful taste of the best that Lapeer has to offer and proved their worth with great shooting and endless enthusiasm! Oh, did I mention that these guys (and gals) are attentive and helpful to the end? I wish everyone who came to Appleseed could be this great. Of course, if they were, we probably wouldn't have all this bailing to do! 

Enough of the words, let's let some pics tell the story!

Camping at the range, always fun!

George explaining how flintlocks work ...

... and putting a musketball on the redcoat!

Fick was the first to step up and try the 'Bess!

Light stepped up next!

Nelson behind the musket

Perfect shutter timing on Eva's shot! That's no flash in the pan, the ball is just starting down the barrel.

Gibson readying his shot

and Hunt finishing up the pack!

back to modern firearms in some prone shooting

Standing position

more prone

Some instructors were about to expire in the heat...

More pics to come!

Caliper

:pics: So, here's some more pics from Earthmom!

Color Guard posting the colors to open things up on Saturday morning!

Morning Redcoat targets, followed by ...

... prone POI by number6 and Iceman

Some of the Redcoat "actors" backstage, prepping for ...

... Action History!

The Lexington Militia, as portrayed by the Young Marines!

Here come the Redcoats!

The fog of battle sets in as the Redcoats open fire!

Caliper

Learning the seated position(s)

After hours color guard practice. What the heck is going on here!?!  %)
(it was after sunset, Old Glory had already been properly put away for the night so a practice flag was needed)

Caliper

Group Photo!

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend as much as I did. Great crew, both students and instructors. Looking forward to seeing everyone again on the trail!

Oh, there are more photos!  http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/Caliper_RWVA/library/160723-24_Lapeer?sort=2&page=1