News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oscoda, MI July 23-24, 2016

Started by D.O.M., July 23, 2016, 11:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.O.M.

Another successful Project Appleseed event at Iosco Sportsmen's Club's Wurtsmith Range! Day one was sunny and hot, with nary a cloud all day. Everyone did a great job, even in the heat on the hot sand. It was loke a reflector oven in the pistol bay! Did I mention it was hot?

Ben managed a 214 on his 3rd AQT ever! Well done, my friend! Well done!
Jeff hung in there very well, even if he is 14 years old. You, sir are a fine young man, and it was an absolute joy to have you on the line! I hope you will always remember the first time you shot a flintlock musket!
Ed, thanks so much for coming out with William and Jeff, all the way from Detroit! You are doing well, and hopefully some things will come together for you tomorrow.
William, its great to see you again. You have the most wonderful and positive attidude. Its always a joy to talk with you.
Ron, thanks for showing us about military and militia life in the 1700's (that's the 18th century, Fly-Boy ;-)  lol )
Thanks also for helping to make some memories about shooting your firelock!
I know if you were coming back on Sun, you'd be getting a patch!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Fly-Boy

Pics are here!
This is only temporary....unless it works - Red Green

"Who ever looks upon them as an irregular mob will find themselves very much mistaken. For they have men among them who know very well what they are about." - Brigadier Genral Lord Hugh Percy

Fly-Boy

more pics!

"Who ever looks upon them as an irregular mob will find themselves very much mistaken. For they have men among them who know very well what they are about." - Brigadier Genral Lord Hugh Percy

Fly-Boy

even more pics!!!1!

DrummerBoy23

Jeff here! This weekend was great and my shooting improved a ton! A 26 to a 101 isn't to bad! This was a great experience and I will defiantly return

Dziadek

Defiant!  It sounds better though I think you meant definitely.

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.

Dziadek

Another awesome weekend of instruction. So close to Rifleman that I can taste it.

I will get it next time, but if not it will certainly be the time after that. If not then either, then most assuredly after that. Or after that. Or still after. It will be mine. Its only a matter of time.

And in the meantime I got to spend the weekend in the company of good men who know what they are about.

I appreciate the time you, the instructor cadre, pour into your students and the obvious passion you have for the work. It is rare to see skill and humility walking side by side, and I think all of you exemplified that this weekend. Thank you for your time and effort, Dangerous Old Men and young exemplars alike.
The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.

Dziadek

Good men and woman -- I have not forgotten Farm Girl.

Fly-Boy

Day two pics

D.O.M.

Thank You to all our participants. This shoot wouldn't have been what it was without your enthusiasm and persistence.

Jeff, I was happy to have you on the line, and I'm glad we helped you improve your shooting. I'm sure you'll remember that flintlock for a while!  ;D and the M1A too!  :---

Dziadek; Thanks for coming all the way up to Oscoda with your friend William. You are getting so close you can taste it, I know. One more should do it! Remember to dry fire and especially work on that NPOA!  ~~:)

William, it was good to see you again. You and Dziadek are obviously great friends and we enjoyed your camaraderie. I'll hope to see you (or at least hear about you) at your next shoot!

Ben, you made it. That was some great shooting, for sure. I hope to see you again, as there is a hat waiting for you... We could use the help  ~~:)

Ron, thanks for coming out and shooting with us. You were doing great. Thanks, especially for bringing your firelocks and equipment and letting the guys shoot it!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73