News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

4H Appleseed July 16, 2016 Ramseur, NC

Started by Polonius, July 20, 2016, 12:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polonius

We had a small (9), but enthusiastic group of 4H'ers from Guilford County Shooting Sports for a one-day blast from the fire hose of heritage and marksmanship. The kids and parents soaked up the marksmanship training, while Lawrence regaled them with the three strikes. Lawrence is the "Michael Jordan" of Appleseed history. Everyone should definitely hear Lawrence do the three strikes.

The day was hot and muggy, as it is supposed to be in the Carolina's in July, but the shooters pushed through. Unfortunately, we lost some shooters as the day progressed to other obligations, but we had three (hail and hearty) individuals who completed two AQTs by days end.

It was a pleasure having families who were intently interested in both the heritage and marksmanship. These were the kind of people that should give us a glimmer of hope for the future.

My thanks go out to Lawrence, Kardiak Kid, Creeky Knees, and Laertes - they are a solid, professional crew, and they made my job easy.

Texas T

Thanks to everyone who was involved. You are right, these folks are our future.   :bow:
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Rev.357

Can you give us a thumbnail sketch of the 4-H Appleseed day on the range?

I am a certified 4-H rifle, shotgun, and soon to be pistol instructor who went to an Appleseed to be a better 4-H instructor and ended up with an orange hat and a pile of history books on the night stand. 

Earlier this year I was working on a 4-H tournament line with another RO.  Three of the shooters had serious questions and challenges, like "What should my sights look like on the target?"  The other RO and myself immediately went to the mats and got out pencils working quickly with the overwhelmed shooters.  We were kneeling on both sides of a shooter when I looked up at the other RO and asked, "Appleseed?"  OutaAmmo replied, "Appleseed."

This weekend I will have our county 4-H coordinator on an Appleseed line. I am formulating an agenda. >:D

The personnel in both the RWVA and the 4-H Shooting Sports communities have a lot in common regarding concern for the future of our youth and our way of life. 

What did you include in the one day course? How did you promote the event? Did you encounter any significant difficulties, and how did you overcome them?
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.