News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Charlottesville Va. July 9-10, 2016

Started by The Wolfhound, July 19, 2016, 11:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

On a better than weather than expected Summer weekend in Virginia, 17 intrepid souls come to the firing line.  With instruction provided by Dangerous Cook, JL, Pleasedtoaim and able coaching from Messer, much improvement occurred.  The strains of the story were spread across the weekend with "me" taking the First Strike, JL covering the Second quite admirably and the Third and "Dangerous Old Men" handled by Pleasedtoaim.
Temperatures were expected in the upper 90s but a breeze on Saturday kept it in the more tolerable lower 90s.  Sunday was a bit cooler but lacked that nice breeze.  The humidity was not extreme so we did not experience our usual July "Sauna Seed".  Lets face it, Summer in Virginia is expected to be hot.  Many a Yankee Soldier could attest to that 150 years ago.
Our shooters were attentive to both marksmanship and to the history with good discussions after each piece.  Adding a couple of Riflemen to the list made for a good weekend.

Messer

It was a good weekend at the range! 

I was especially pleased to see the multi-generation family groups coming out to both learn & test themselves as shooters, and to hear the story of the birth of this country in a way many had never heard before.

The smiles on the faces as we tallied up the end of the day redcoat on the first day was great - so much improvement for many of them. 

There was a lot of pride in the faces of the three new Rifleman at the end of the second day, and I saw a lot of determined faces that were going to "fix a few things", and get back on the firing line. I look forward to sharing the line with them again.

As a BOD member to this gun club, I want to thank all of the folks involved with the Project Appleseed events at the range - what they are doing for shooters of all ages, is a gift that can never be appreciated enough. Huzzah!

Bob S.

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.