News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2016 July 16-17 Wilmington OH

Started by DGMilty, July 16, 2016, 09:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGMilty

Placeholder for AAR.  Feel free to post here.

DGMilty
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

goodoldfriend

I want to thank all of the instructors. This was a top notch event run without a hitch. Many good shooters and new riflemen. Your time and effort are appreciated.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Del

Great shoot! Teachable attitudes had by all and it showed by the number of Rifleman (and near Rifleman) scores. Thanks eveyone for making this such a safe, fun and successful event.

Del

Vicegrips

This was my first Appleseed, and the whole thing was terrific. Well run, safe, informative, and the effectiveness of the training showed in the score improvements across the whole group. I know I was shooting better on Sunday than when I showed up Saturday morning! Huzzah!

Many thanks to all the volunteers.  I'm beat, and must get some rest, but I'll see if I got any good pictures tomorrow.

Roundball

My 2nd Appleseed ... 1st was back in April of this year.

I kept applying each of the techniques I was taught & my AQT scores consistently increased during the day on Sunday ... started at 176 ... ended the day with 2 rifleman scores  :~  :~

Thanks to all the great Appleseed Staff ... Redhats & Bluehats!

In October, I'll recruit some friends to join me and remove the rifle scope to trade out for tech sights.  O0

Again, many thanks.
Terry ... aka Roundball.
They gave up all their tomorrows for our today.

Corvette

Wow, looks like I missed a fantastic Sunday of shooting.  Some of the pictures show great improvement and at least three new Riflemen!  Huzzah!!!

Big thanks to the range, Longrifleman, DGMilty and Del for putting on a great shoot and a big thank you to all that attended.  Hope to see you all soon on the line again.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Shep

Sounds like a great shoot, congratulations to the new riflemen!
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

goodoldfriend

Quote from: Corvette on July 18, 2016, 11:01:02 AM
Wow, looks like I missed a fantastic Sunday of shooting.  Some of the pictures show great improvement and at least three new Riflemen!  Huzzah!!!

Big thanks to the range, Longrifleman, DGMilty and Del for putting on a great shoot and a big thank you to all that attended.  Hope to see you all soon on the line again.

Corvette

Corvette, you are right, you missed it.

My redcoats showed a lot of improvement but I think the heat got the best of me. I will be working on my fundamentals in the meantime and be back in October to work toward my patch.

I had such a good time and met so many wonderful Americans.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Longrifleman

A Victory Volley for a great bunch of wide awake Americans!! HUZZAH!!!! HUZZAH!!!! HUZZAH!!!!
Congratulations to FIVE brand new Riflemen! Nearly one-third of our attendees but more importantly a fantastic bunch of shooters with so many knocking on the door. I believe every one of you, with persistence, WILL achieve a rifleman score- that's how good the shooting was in Wilmington this weekend.
I had a great time and I hope everyone who attended feels the same way. My hat's off to you all and to my fellow instructors for your enthusiasm, commitment and support.
Yea it was hot out there! So hot I think one guy sandbagged the QDAQT and hit 210 exactly just to get the ice-cold North Bridge water!
Stay in the bubble shooters! Use that fuzzy carpet range in your living room to dry-practice and we'll see you back to claim a patch! HUZZAH!!!
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919