News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Guilford, Ct. July 9-10, 2016

Started by TOMINCT, July 11, 2016, 10:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

A well attended event was held at the New Haven Sportsman's club in Guilford this past weekend. Eleven shooters made it, even with the threat of heat and possible showers and thunderstorms.

All of the shooters in attendance were a great group to work with, taking the instruction at the standard drink from a fire hose pace, at least for a while. It became apparent that some extra work was required to get things flowing a little better on Saturday. Rifle and ammo malfunctions plagued a few shooters for some time. Loaners were used to at least get thru the day.

The IT crew of XFMR42, BCodes and AICIRTAP did their usual best in line safety, coaching and urging the students to utilize the points of instruction to their abilities. Several shooters had sighting in problems that took some time but before the end of the 1st day we got in one AQT.

Sunday started a little gloomy, but for a short shower mid afternoon all went very well. Although there were no Rifleman made many showed solid improvement for their efforts. Suzanna with a 205, Mike with a 184 and Bill with a 152, fired with his $10 Remington tube fed!

Our junior contingent of Maya and Harrison hung in the entire weekend with improvement readily seen. Harrison was our designated marksman for the weekend and punched out some nice 8MOA groups with his peep sighted Cricket ss 22.  :cool2:

A big thank you goes out to the New Haven Sportsmans club for the use of their facilities. The club has been a big proponent of Appleseed for a while and it's good to be back there. Several club members stopped by to see what we were about. Hope some are able to attend the next event there.

Another thank you to Steve, the BOTG from the club. He stayed for the weekend offering assistance and providing his own experience when attending  'seeds at the club in the past.

The IT crew did a great job across the board, always making certain difficulties got ironed and smoothed out. Their help and diligence always make a for a good weekend.

A Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Texas T

Sounds like a good event. Thanks to the club and all of the instructors for making this a memorable event for many.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

AICIRTAP

Here are some photos from Saturday...

AICIRTAP

...and some more from Saturday  :)

scout74

Great work Tom and Crew. I have posted to facebook, AAR and Pics. Also, sharing the Lebanon event daily. I still need more seeders to join the site. I am pushing to have 50 by the end of the month. Its at 33 now and most are people supporting the page through my invites. I know there are more seeders in CT than just 5 or 6.

-R
10/22/16 Rifleman

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Thomas Jefferson
"You'll have noise soon enough,the regulars are out!" Paul Revere
"The first man who turns to run, I will shoot down myself.  Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean for a war let it begin here." Capt. John Parker

https://www.facebook.com/AppleseedCT/

BCodes

Thanks to all who attended this weekend! Here are some pictures from Sunday:

BCodes