News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pine Bluffs Wyoming 09/10 July 2016

Started by M1bzrk, July 11, 2016, 05:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

July in Pine Bluffs = WARM!  Luckily we had a breeze most of the time and had a good deal of shade under cover.  Old friends Shawn, Hayden and Clay returned for another bout of Appleseed.  David came for the first time as did Erin who is on active duty in Cheyenne.
We fed ‘em with the firehose and all survived.  Everyone was receptive to the instruction and above all, were safe.
It took a while to get rifles (all were 10/22s) sighted in.  All had Techsights, except for one loaner with a 1X scope.  After sighting in, we did NPOA drills and then went on to AQTs after lunch.
Sunday was much the same: different ammo and a couple of new rifles necessitated more sightin squares, then it was AQTs and history.  We did a team shooting exercise to wake folks up Sunday afternoon.  Thanks to Engineer Shooting and Lucky Lori for the idea.
Folks' shooting improved steadily with Erin really knocking at the door with a high of 197!  Great for a first Appleseed.
The men folks were a little behind, but trying hard.  Next time for all of you…
Thanks to Pine Bluffs Shooting Range for again hosting us.  A nice, well kept range.  Anyone in the vicinity should join the club.
Thanks to Diane and John Wise for their hospitality.
Thanks to colonial shooter, our Regional Coordinator for helping out so soon after surgery.  Thanks to Docjoe 5 for coming from Gering  Nebraska to help out.  Good job, Joe!
Of course, special thanks to our shooters for getting off the couch and brightening up our weekend.  Good job, all.  Persevere.
I apologise for only getting one picture of Clay and Hayden getting their Youth Patches (and a box of .22 ammo apiece, donated by Mr Mowry).
If you took pictures, please post them.

colonial shooter

Although I am supposed to be taking it EASY. It was good for my soul to be back on the line, watching and submersing myself in the History and Marksmanship. I was glad for the breezes and cover, would have been unbearable without. Good to see our hosts again and enjoyed the conversations. Everyone made huge strides in their abilities! Most will ( if they follow the 6 steps and do the dry firing) make rifleman on their next trip. Hopefully it won't have to wait til next year. Working with M1bzrk and with our newest IIT DocJoe5 was great, looking forward to doing it again.

For the students, keep up the good work you started and see you at the next one!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Lucky Lori

I     am     inviting  all  shooters   and workers  of  this  event   to come  back  to   newcastle    wyoming   at  the  end  of the  month  .   Ken     and     Lori    are   coming  back  from      florida         to    help   out.     Looks  like  it was  a  great  shoot in pine bluffs  /         just  some  more  practice  needed    and  another  event  to score  rifleman.  Look  forward  to  seeing  some  new  faces   and  passing  out  some  rifleman    patches.           lucky  lori    of   tallahassee  florida