News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

La Porte IN July 9/10, 2016

Started by 2 clicks low, July 11, 2016, 11:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

Wonderful Shoot. Great Range. Even better students. Exceptional staff.
Perfect weekend.

Oh yeah, 4 riflemen, 1 new Orange hat, 1 new blue hat.

Details latter.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Graywolf

I had a great weekend in LaPorte with a great group of people.  The club, as always, was fantastically supportive.  I can't think of any way it could have been a better weekend.

Congrats to all who scored rifleman scores.  We had several others that were coming very close and I am certain will get there soon.  Just remember: focus on the front sight and watch your trigger control.

Thanks to 2ClicksLow for running a great shoot.  Always as pleasure working with you and I hope to do so again.

I don't have much in the way of pics, but will post up what I have when I get them off my iPhone.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Superheat

Thank you Indiana for the great weather!  At one point on Saturday I was thinking about getting my instructor hoodie out.  70 degrees felt so nice.

One thing I noticed, Hoosiers can SHOOT!  Wow.  There were some great groups.

Joe, On the way home I was thinking there must have been something else going on with your rifle.  Next time I guess....

I can't wait to come back.  Thank you all for the hospitality.

Caliper's 6 steps

Oz and Tigger with NPOA

Carding the Sights

Oz and Lium

IMC with Tigger

Seated or prone?

Hotrod

Thanks again for all the great instruction.

I'll need to get in touch with a couple of you to find out the next step since I accepted an orange hat.

Texas T

Hotrod, thanks for stepping up. Your dedication will be appreciated by many.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Bryant

What a great corps of instructors, what a great range, and what a wonderful varied group of students.  Thanks to all the instructors for making my sons weekend. 

It was great meeting so many new faces and seeing some familiar faces again.  Hope to see you all again on the line.

Have some additional pics I will get up when I have a moment
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

Slappy

Thanks everyone for helping me with my first shot at instructing.  After having seen it a few times, it all seemed so easy...until it came time for me to present. I learned a lot of great tips and ideas.  After doing this, I now have a whole new respect for what goes on behind the scenes, and just how much work every instructor puts in.  After the first day, I got smart and tried to record some video of the instruction and stories.  I'm not sure how good the quality is, as my phone isn't able to cancel out to booming bass from the flea market next door, but it should at least give me an idea. 

Thanks again to everyone.
1st-August 8/9, 2015
2nd-January 16/17, 2016- ;D Rifleman (217); IIT0

Oz

Wow, what a great weekend with friends old and new.  MCRC once again was not only a wonderful host, but brought wonderful students.  Thank you all for spending your weekend with us learning about marksmanship and American heritage.  I wish I could have stayed for Sunday to see the harvest of Rifleman patches.

I wanted to especially say good job to Charlie and Liam.  You rocked.  And Liam, great job working to shoot left handed to match your eyes!  You really stuck with it!

Just a few pics to add.  I hope to see each of you again!  Oz

"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Bryant

Quote from: Slappy on July 13, 2016, 02:32:29 AM
Thanks everyone for helping me with my first shot at instructing.  After having seen it a few times, it all seemed so easy...until it came time for me to present. I learned a lot of great tips and ideas.  After doing this, I now have a whole new respect for what goes on behind the scenes, and just how much work every instructor puts in.  After the first day, I got smart and tried to record some video of the instruction and stories.  I'm not sure how good the quality is, as my phone isn't able to cancel out to booming bass from the flea market next door, but it should at least give me an idea. 

Thanks again to everyone.

You did a great job for your 1st.  I never would've guessed it.  I remember my first time at instructing and I am sure my nervousness showed through much more than you.  Great job, especially considering your lame foot.  Well done.  Especially liked your telling of some of the history, you did great at that.
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------