News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, Fl. Isaac Davis Memorial Range 9 July 2016

Started by Engineer shooting, July 10, 2016, 03:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

It's been the goal of the Isaac Davis Range to host an event every month. The summer months can be unbearably HOT, this weekend was no different.  Usually Lucky Lori brings a cold watermelon to share with all. This weekend she had a snow cone machine with multiple flavors!

Just Kim has been working diligently to get rid of that Orange Hat, it retired with a bang. It should be noted that all the Red Hat promotions done at the Isaac Davis Range occurs to instructors that have their KD rockers prior to promotion. This weekend the KD portion started by 7 am and was done by 9:15 with three requalifications'.

Photographs to follow:
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Shadeville

The summer heat kicked in hard.
While shooters at other ranges hydrate, shooters at the Isaac Davis range eat snow cones!
Thanks Lucky Lori!
Congrats to Just Kim!

Texas T

Congrats and thanks for all of the hard work and dedication.

O0 O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

AdobeWalls

The Isaac Davis Range has always been a hotbed of innovation. What's next, mint julep? Well of course, it's in the Florida flatwoods and it's high summer. That 400yd range thing seems to be working out well, and that's good. I don't miss Florida and I don't miss the stultifying heat. But I miss my good friends and colleagues from Appleseed. Congrats Just Kim. Things that come easy aren't worth much. I remain more proud of my Rifleman badges than my license to practice law - it's harder to earn the Rifleman badge, and it means more.
I taught my friend's 12yr old grandson in a private lesson this week. 50% was Respiratory Pause, 50% was Focus Your Mind. I'm attaching his 4th target (not a carded sights exercise). This is why I am in Appleseed. Richard
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

B.C.

Great event, thanks to all who attended. The few pictures I took are posted below. AdobeWalls, Florida misses you  :)
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Lucky Lori

The hot steamy July Appleseed was everything you would expect heat and weather wise. Its summer   .  All shooters worked hard and at their own level and improved, good job shooters.  Congratulations  Just  Kim  on your promotion to red hat !  Well  done.  Chuck's strikes were very good, good job Chuck.  Next month is your turn  for a red hat.  Thanks to all the instructors  who came.,  stayed  alllll day   shot   and worked      Kim   Chuck   Big Chris  Mitch  Sean  Todd   Erika   Ken .   (the snow cones were pretty good, think we will do that again )
    Anyone looking for a summer appleseed  you can't do any better than Tallahassee !  See everyone again in August.
Lucky  Lori

gunjunkie

It was indeed a hot summer day. As always we had a great day at the range. Thanks Ken and Lori for all you do as it is always appreciated. All the shooters for this event brought teachable attitudes as their improved scores demonstrated. Thanks Chris for allowing me the opportunity to present both the second and third strikes and I look forward to hearing yours. I would also like to congratulate Just Kim ( my wife) on her Red hat, she worked hard to get it.
You could not ask for a better group of folks then you will find at Issac Davis range and I can't wait to get back down there and do it again.     
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

JustKim

It was a great day of shooting!  It was HOT - but the snow cones did the trick!  Chuck did an awesome job on the strikes.  All shooters showed up willing and able to learn and make great progress -- expect to see Rifleman scores from them next time.  I FINALLY earned my RED HAT!  What a journey - Thanks to everyone for all of the support and guidance you have given me - it is greatly appreciated!  Can't wait to see what's next!  This is a great organization with an AWESOME mission and awesome  people to make it happen!

Look forward to seeing everyone in August!!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Lucky Lori

thanks for  everything  i  am  sooo glad  we  have  you     and  chuck       to help  us  monthly.      congrats  again  on  your  red  hat.      i   can  not  wait  till it cools  down  enough  to camp  out  at  the range .  i really enjoy that     and  more     having  our  sat. evening  dinners  there.  at the  range  after      see  you  soon .  lucky  lori         P.s.  look forward  to repeating  in  august  with  chuck  getting  his  red  hat.   any  suggestions  or thoughts  on    his  promotion  ?  I  asked  chuck  earlier  about  your  promotion..     ( i will  not  bring  confetti  poppers  for  his ).

Cable___Guy

Pics
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Engineer shooting

Hard to say which is funnier, Burka Ericka or gangster Kim!

Great pictures Cable Guy.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Lucky Lori