News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lynchburg, Va. June 24-25, 2016

Started by The Wolfhound, June 30, 2016, 11:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

8 intrepid shooters came out to the Izaak Walton League and learned about marksmanship and history.  It was a privilege to work with 4 pairs of fathers and sons.  Three of our pairs included teenagers and the fourth pair was well into adulthood. One of our pairs netted 2 new Riflemen, one from each generation.  Our crew included Dangerous Cook who told the first strike, I claimed the second, Oddsreven told the third strike and FiremanBob told Dangerous Old Men.  Dangerous Cook also regaled the shooters with our tale of the Isaac Davis musket. 

Texas T

Generational activity is probably the highlight of an event. I hope to bring my daughters to a shoot in the next few months. Great work.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017