News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAT CREEK, CA JUNE 25-26

Started by NorCal22Gal, June 29, 2016, 06:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

We had a great weekend at the Hat Creek Rifle and Pistol Club range.

9 folks came out to learn some marksmanship skills and some heritage.  We had a few returning students,which is always good to see!

This was an attentive group and the things we were teaching they took and ran with. 

We took a break for lunch and the strikes, then it was back to the line and more shooting.   We got one AQT in Sat afternoon before the final red coat. 

We retired Matt's orange hat with great ceremony, and lots of holes!!!  Yes, we took it off Matt's head first.....

Congrats to Matt for becoming a Red Hat!!!

Sunday we had 5 returning students. 

We hit the ground running and the students followed along.  Groups began shrinking and positions firmed up.

A few AQT's later and Geraldine posted the first rifleman score...a 210!  We doused her with the waters of the north bridge, aka a bottle of water from the ice chest. She later bested her score with a 211.

Chuck waited until the laaaast AQT of the day to get his rifleman, 213!

Jenna, who got her rifleman in October of last year, decided to join the Appleseed team and took an orange hat!  Welcome aboard Jenna!!

A big thanks to Chuck for providing us all with nice cold water all weekend.

A big thanks to my instructors for coming out this weekend. 

Instructors for the weekend:

Laurie                  NorCal22Gal   Shoot Boss
Joe                      eaglescouter
Lauri                    Rifles-n-Reeds
Matt                     Just.a.Guy
Andy                    100x32

Thanks everyone for staying and helping us tear down and clean up.  It is much appreciated.

Texas T

Welcome aboard, Jenna. Thanks for stepping up.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Esar145

Great time with great people!
Knowledgeable instructors to help you attain rifleman no matter how loooonnnng it takes.
All you need to do is remember the steps and relax!

Much easier said than done for me (can't believe they hadn't pulled out all their hair).  ;)

Thanks everyone for making my first Appleseed a great experience!

Chuck

First Appleseed  June 2016   Hat Creek Rifle and Pistol Club   Burney, Ca.
First Rifleman     June 2016     (Whoooohooo  213)
Life is too short to miss your target!

TallSteve

Congrats to Matt. 
Congrats to the new riflemen
I hope to see some of you in July.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

NorCal22Gal

Hope to get to see you and April at that shoot Steve.

Chuck,  never crossed my mind to pull out my hair.   ::)