News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Central Alabama Gun Club June 25-26

Started by General Stuart, June 27, 2016, 03:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Stuart

We welcomed 4 shooters bright and early Saturday morning. Since we had a small group, everyone quickly became acquainted and felt like old friends. Everyone knew we were in for a hot and humid day, but there was a grit and determination to charge ahead. I knew I was in the company of Patriots because no one once complained about the heat. They had come to learn to shoot even if they passed out from the heat.

Safety briefing was given, Redcoats shot, instruction began. Steady hold factors were quickly grasped. The six steps were quickly implemented. Natural point of aim was taught and we rolled on. This group of shooters displayed phenomenal trigger control. Once or twice corrected, and all signs of jerking the trigger vanished. Instructing these shooters really was a breeze.

Anita, you were fantastic. You embodied a Riflemans persistence. You were given a loaner rifle the type of which you had never shot. This was your 3rd Appleseed. The heat has unbearable. And you still pulled off a 211 and took home a Riflemans patch. Job very well done.

Jeremy, you sir are a quick study. You took the instruction we had to offer and immediately implemented it. I applaud you for taking the time to move your scope and make your rifle fit you. Once things were set on your rifle, it was obvious you were headed for a patch. It was impressive to see you follow up your 214 with a 219.

Brian, your persistence truly warmed my heart. Given the heat and the mishaps with your rifle, you were still committed to improving your marksmanship. To take a rifle only zeroed at 25m, listen to feedback from a spotter and still knock down a bowling pin at 100 speaks highly of your skill.

Brandon, Thank you for coming out to be with us this weekend. You were nothing but positive energy. I will forever remember you slinging up behind a centerfire rifle for the first time and making a bowling pin go spinning at 100 yards.

I hope all of you take home the lessons of history you learned, and 7th step your friends, families and neighbors. The fate of this great nation is squarely in your hands. I hope you will make the decision to come back to an Appleseed. Who knows, maybe one day we will see each other on the trail one day. 
"I am resigned; Gods will be done."
Major General J.E.B Stuart

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

frequentflier

It was extremely hot, but worth every drop of sweat that poured out of me. It was awesome getting to introduce our (17 yr old)nephew to Project Appleseed. The History of April 19th, 1775 and the passion and heart that the instructors have in telling of the events is the most awesome part, getting to shoot is just extra cheese on my cheese burger. For me it is building the long lasting friendships. Thanks Gen. Stuart and Jambo for the awesome instruction loaner rifles and center fire shooting... 
"STAND your ground, Don't Fire, Unless Fired Upon, But if they mean to have a war, Let it begin here"
Capt. John Parker, April 19 1775

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
Thomas Paine
Rifleman on June 26 with a score of 211
IIT 0 9/22/2016
IIT 1 10/03/2016
IIT 2 10/14/2016
Long Distance 10/30/2016

Texas T

Wow, sounds like a great weekend. Thanks to all for the dedication and determination to make the event a success, in spite of the heat factor.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017