News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Menomonie Wisconsin June 25-26,2016

Started by martin, June 27, 2016, 10:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

The event at Menomonie Wisconsin this weekend had some firsts for me. First of all, Saturday was probably the hottest day I have ever spent at an Appleseed. We were under the threat of very severe storms but luckily it didn't happen.
I also had the youngest student ever in my clinics to get his Rifleman patch, Charlie 13 y.o., shot a 223 on Sunday to get his patch and then continued to repeat that performance for the rest of the day. He also is the youngest student I've seen that's could use a 1907 sling and let me assure you he could use it well. Some of this is attributed to his father, Will, who taught Charlie how to use that sling because he proved he  could use it also when he shot a 248 on Sunday. Congratulations to this father /son team on getting their Rifleman patch.
We had a lot of kids at this event and it was really fun to see the improvement by all the kids and their parents. Keep up the practice  and don't give up!

Thanks also to Seawolf (Sean) for stepping up and joining the Wisconsin Team of instructors.

Thanks to the Menomonie Rifle and Pistol Club for all the assistance.

Thanks to our instructors this weekend RustyRed, miara, CalamityJenn, and Buck Shot. We also had a special appearance by Bugginout, thanks for helping out Robb!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

miara

It was an awesome weekend!  The kids were amazing despite it being very hot. 

I am working on a follow-up article to send to the Dunn County News and I am looking for quotes from people on these few questions:
1.  1st timers at event: Why did you decide to come to an Appleseed?
2.  Repeat participants: Why did you come back?
3.  Instructors: Why do you do Appleseed?

Patti

RTB

Sounds like it was a great but hot shoot. Congrats to all our new riflemen and WI's newest instructor!
River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman
River Falls, WI 4/19/13 : Rifleman
Orange Hat 9/13/13
IBC Bowler, WI 7/13/14 : Known Distance Rifleman
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016

RustyRed

It was a fantastic class, everyone did a great job in the heat,kids were awesome  :--- :~ then we had a 13 year old boy Charlie was great 223 wow and his dad 248 now that is what I call a great team,but remember 250 is the perfect score!! We all need to keep practicing, remember if you don't use it you lose it :--- :--- :--- plus a BIG thank you to Sean for stepping up ^:)^

martin

Some pictures y'all

First, Charlie and his father Will
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Sea wolf steps up for an Orange Hat
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Young shooters
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Group
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

martin

On the line!
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

miara

Rev.357

Great to see so many young shooters.  If we don't pass it on, its lost.  If we don't pass it on we're lost.
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

Texas T

Fantastic to have so many young ones. My hat is off to you for your endurance in the heat.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017