News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

***TEXAS IBC THIS JANUARY!***

Started by Weezer, June 27, 2016, 12:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weezer

Oooh, yeah.   Thirty of your favorite instructors together in one place.   It's going to be AWESOME!   

Quote from: scuzzy on September 01, 2016, 11:50:58 AM
Wow - it's gonna be a packed house. Been years since we've had this manner instructors in one place here in Texas.
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: Weezer on August 28, 2016, 11:46:55 PM

WAIT...GET UP!  Don't you have some chiggers to napalm before this weekend's event?  **)

TT92 has access to a flamethrower just right for chiggers. True story...

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Weezer

SNAitF, do what you need to do.   Meanwhile, I'll cover my eyes and pretend I have no idea what you turkeys are up to.   **)
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

little buddy

Will there be some one to sew patches on our vest jackets? There was some one in Michigan at their IBC. Just wanted to know if we should bring our patches and jackets or not.

Thank you

Little Buddy

Weezer

No, we won't have anyone present to sew patches or embroider hats/shirts.    We don't have anyone local who can do that and even if we did, there wouldn't be room to set up an embroidery/sewing space like there was in Michigan. 

I could superglue them for you, though... ;D

Quote from: little buddy on September 04, 2016, 08:47:33 PM
Will there be some one to sew patches on our vest jackets? There was some one in Michigan at their IBC. Just wanted to know if we should bring our patches and jackets or not.

Thank you

Little Buddy

A-lister

Would love to attend. If there are any openings that come up please let me know. I will be there at a moments notice. I am an orange hat from the Fredericksburg shoot. As you know we lost our range and I would like to get active again. If I can get that Red Hat I have found a range in Kerrville that I can start up a shoot at. Miss this Organization.
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Weezer

I'm sending you a PM right now.   We'll boot Dr. Rich out if we have to in order to make room.   ;D

Oh, wait.   He saw that, didn't he?  :slap:   **)

Quote from: rbwatson on September 14, 2016, 08:02:00 AM
Would love to attend. If there are any openings that come up please let me know. I will be there at a moments notice. I am an orange hat from the Fredericksburg shoot. As you know we lost our range and I would like to get active again. If I can get that Red Hat I have found a range in Kerrville that I can start up a shoot at. Miss this Organization.

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on September 14, 2016, 04:54:41 PM
I'm sending you a PM right now.   We'll boot Dr. Rich out if we have to in order to make room.   ;D

They could share a bunk. lol.

rb is a good guy. gotta get him in.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Weezer

What was that, Scuzz?   You want to share a bunk with rb?    **)   

rbwatson - look for that PM I sent you.    ;)    Don't you worry - my policy is No Texan Left Behind.   O0

Quote from: scuzzy on September 14, 2016, 05:43:55 PM
Quote from: Weezer on September 14, 2016, 04:54:41 PM

They could share a bunk. lol.

rb is a good guy. gotta get him in.

TimBeatty

I just found out we may have people signed up for this who have never attended an Appleseed. We also have a few Orange hats that want so sign up and its sold out.
Tim Beatty

NJrefugee

Tim -- I am fairly certain that this comment "we may have people signed up for this who have never attended an Appleseed" is 100% false.  Do you have a list of attendees?  If so, which of them has not been to an AS event? 

To the best of my knowledge, everybody coming to the Instructor Boot Camp is (as the name might suggest) an Instructor or Instructor in Training.  There are some new Orange hats that you or others may not know, but there is not a participant that I am aware of who is not at least an Orange Hat who has shot a 210 or better at an AS event.

If additional Orange Hats want to come, please provide their names and Ghostring or Weezer will get in touch with them and try to accommodate.  Or, they can feel free to contact Ghostring or Weezer directly.

TimBeatty

I know of 1 person that told me he signed up. Thats why I just wanted someone to look at the list.
Tim Beatty

Weezer

I have the entire list.    Each person on it either wears an Appleseed hat or will very soon.   There are no participants who have never attended an Appleseed.   

More tickets have been opened up tonight!  ^:)^  We had to hold off until we knew for sure that we had enough space to seat people - this was not just based on sleeping arrangements.   (By the way, there was a waitlist enacted but we had nobody on it.)   The good news is that those who need a ticket can now get one.   

If these tickets sell out and you still don't have one, PLEASE put yourself on the waitlist and contact either Ghostring or me.   If you talk to someone who wants a ticket but didn't get one, direct them to do the same.   O0

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on October 06, 2016, 09:46:59 PM

If these tickets sell out and you still don't have one, PLEASE put yourself on the waitlist and contact either Ghostring or me.   If you talk to someone who wants a ticket but didn't get one, direct them to do the same.   O0

Anybody serious about helping in 2017 we'll get you in.

If it gets too crowded you can share a bunk with NJ, SNAITF, or Gunner.

Weezer

Quote from: scuzzy on October 06, 2016, 11:08:39 PM
Quote from: Weezer on October 06, 2016, 09:46:59 PM

Anybody serious about helping in 2017 we'll get you in.

If it gets too crowded you can share a bunk with NJ, SNAITF, or Gunner.

Fair warning:   NJ sleeps in the buff.   ;D

Steck

Weezer, are Blue Hats welcome at the IBC?

DrRichP

Hi,

Any red hat or above that needs a move to a hotel to accommodate orange hats should contact me. I am more than willing to make whatever allowances we need to make sure the orange hats who need to attend are accommodated.

In Liberty,

Dr Rich P
AOC Member, Chief Regional Coordinator
Project Appleseed
drrichp@projectappleseed.net
Cell       224.338.5330
Home Office      224.338.8642
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Weezer

Steck - see below for all the information about the IBC (it's the first post on this thread) but in short, hats of any color are welcome.  O0

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=48898.0

Ghostring

IMPORTANT BUNKHOUSE ANNOUNCEMENT!

... There is no bunkhouse at the club  :'(

DON'T DESPAIR!  We've got TOP MEN working on the problem.  TOP. MEN. (and Women!)  >:D ~~:)
Bring a sleeping bag, pillow and mat, and we'll sack out in the common room!  It has a fireplace!
...Does anyone else smell s'mores?  ::)

You can PM me if this significantly changes your plans, otherwise let's all Adapt, Improvise, Overcome, right?  O0
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Weezer

Hey, this is GREAT news!   Now I don't have to shoehorn myself into NJ's twin bed!    ^:)^

Oh, I'm picturing us all snuggling together and telling DOM stories in front of the fire each evening.  *dreamy sigh*   

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on October 20, 2016, 06:06:21 PM
Hey, this is GREAT news!   Now I don't have to shoehorn myself into NJ's twin bed!    ^:)^

Yup - I hear that. Myself - I think I'm going to find somewhere and pitch tent so I don't have to hear over 30 instructors snoring.  **)

Actually - I claim dibs on the office I always sleep in at the range.  ;D

PaleRider

Yeah, I'm thinking hotel right about now  O0.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

.50calgrl

Weezer, the funny Canadians will need an invite. Is it possible for you to do one for us? Montreal Shooter, Redcoat72, Rickster and .50calgrl.

You should have all our names, addresses and emails but if not I can coordinate and send to you.

Thanks,

Kelly (aka .50calgrl)

ps. We are starting a list of "what to bring that you all can not get down there". Any requests? And do not say a moose... They do not fit in the back seat
Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226

Weezer

Hey Kelly,

Stupid question:  Do you need the LOI if you're not bringing rifles?   Or is this something all our Canadian friends will need, regardless,  in order to join us?     Let me know and we'll get it done.   O0

Also, um, would a side of moose fit in the back seat?   How about just a drumstick?    ;D

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

"A moose once bit my sister..."

Couldn't resist.  >:D
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Weezer

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on December 06, 2016, 11:22:48 AM

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge...

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on December 06, 2016, 02:48:17 PM
Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on December 06, 2016, 11:22:48 AM

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge...

Man - bring me a bottle of whatever you two are drinking.

And by the way - I bet you could get a big ol' moose backstrap in a cooler to bring to Texas.

Weezer

Quote from: scuzzy on December 06, 2016, 03:49:34 PM

Man - bring me a bottle of whatever you two are drinking.

We apologize for the fault in the subtitles.   Those responsible have been sacked.

**)   (We're doing lines from Monty Python and the Holy Grail - no drinking involved, promise!) 

.50calgrl

We do not need LOI if we are not bringing firearms but if we do it makes it easier, especially if there is a last minute decision to. I know Redcoat 72 volunteered to bring a few (10/22, ACR, etc) and I am able to as well. It also makes it easier at the border when they ask what we are doing (even without guns).

And you people have no idea how big a moose is. :P

Looking forward to seeing you all. We will make sure to bring some things at are definitely Canadian.

Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226

Mrs. Smith

Mr Smith and I signed up a few months ago, and have already made arrangements with Gunner got a spot to park our camper and plug in, and Scuzzy had already signed us rifles to bring along. Anything else I should know?
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24