News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bone Creek Gun Club, Pittsburg, Kansas June 25-26

Started by TomCat, June 26, 2016, 08:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomCat

The weather was hot and muggy enough to consider the formation of a "Infernoseed" patch. Everyone ate dust and sweated bore solvent.  The range provided cold water which everyone hovered around during breaks.  All shooters persisted admirably throughout the weekend.  We hope to see everyone back at the range at the October event. 

We gained 4 riflemen out of 18 shooters. 22% !!  Congratulations to Monty, Ethan, Kevin, and Micheal.  Keep it up and start passing on the knowledge.  We appreciate the use of Bone Creek Gun Clubs excellent range, being facilitated by Rangemaster Lomshek, our own Kansas State Coordinator.   We had a number of other shooters knocking at the door.  Youth patches were awarded to Garrison, John and Cody.  Special thanks to their parents for bringing them and persisting through the heat as well.

Be sure to check in within the next day or two after TomCat and Lomshek have posted pictures.   
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

Lomshek

Here are a few shots of the line.

Going after the 100 yard target.

300 yard stage.  Yes that's one of our orange hats (Lumberjack) working over a Mosin.

One of our shooters used a modernized AK for the majority of the weekend; no badge but I suspect he'll earn one in October at our next Appleseed.  He was wearing a glove on his left hand because the aluminum rail was paifully hot between the sun and barrel heat

Working through the Ball & Dummy drill while calling the shots.  This drill takes time but really helps shooters understand what's going on.

I ran this shoot (my third) as an SBIT under TomCat's watchful gaze and will get my green hat with the agreement of the powers that be.  It was a learning process as they have all been.

I ran both the Carding the sights drill and Ball and Dummy with calling the shots.  Those two drills ate a big chunk of time but hopefully gave the shooters an accelerated start in the learning process.  Already working on better instructions and demonstrations so shooters get the full benefit of these drills.

Overall we had a great time with a nice size group of dedicated shooters in spite of the heat.  It made for "challenging" conditions but the shooters soldiered through it.

TomCat

TomCat

Lomshek

TomCat sent me some more photos to upload.  His internet is giving him trouble.

Here are our Riflemen!

We had 3 young shooters on the line Saturday that worked through the heat to make serious improvement in their ability to put lead on target.

I gave a few student demo's for carding the sights, calling the shots and perfecting the position for greater stability.  My guinea pigs were very cooperative and the lights came on in quite a few eyes as the students went back and worked on it with instructor guidance based on what they saw us do.

Here are a few more shots of a hot, sweaty and motivated line!

Lumberjack

It was a good weekend, even if we did all sweat through our shirts! Here are my snaps from the weekend.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskCNC4Pd

Can't get them to post directly from flickr...  :wb: