News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stock Cheek Riser at Darnell's 6-25-16

Started by Doc L, June 26, 2016, 03:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc L

I had several people (including Reverend 357) notice my cheek riser on my Remington 597- it is an Accu Riser, $40 on Ebay. Thanks! 

Shooter30-06

It was good to see you there this weekend!
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Rev.357

Thanks for the followup, Doc.  The Savage Mark I and Mark II are very popular for beginning shooters.  The iron peep sights set high above the comb.  Young shooters with a cheek weld are looking under the sights.  I talked to the reps from Savage.  The Williams target rear peep sight is set high in order for the bolt to clear.  Then they raise the front to match.  This is an extremely basic JAR (Just Another Rifle).  We at 4-H have been using the horse wrap and pipe insulation to make the things usable.  The 17 year old girl on the line used one to score 197 on her AQT.  This Accu Riser may be a much better solution.  Definitely worth a try.  Just gotta say, it was pretty cool how you got the rifleman sticker to line up between the stock and the Accu Riser. 
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

Doc L

Thanks. I thought about pipe insulation. I am just really excited about Appleseed, glad to be a part of it. Really good people, great cause. The young lady with the bolt Jar was shooting next to me; she shot some really outstanding groups. I think she has a natural talent for shooting, plus the program teaches very sound shooting principles. I was really surprised how quickly my scores improved, but I was doing everything wrong prior to training.