News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LaPorte, IN. June 21 & 22, 2016 (Youth Event)

Started by Graywolf, June 23, 2016, 10:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

We had a grand time in LaPorte, IN. on June 21 & 22 at the Michigan City Rifle Club.  45 young people (age 5th grade through 12th grade) came to the event and what a time we had!  The shooters were excited and very engaged in the instruction and, most of all, the history.  It was exciting to watch them learn to safely handle their rifles and discover the basics of good rifle marksmanship.  Seeing the smiles of pride on the kid's faces at each improvement was one of the most fulfilling things ever.

A huge thank you to the Michigan City Rifle Club for sponsoring not only this Appleseed each year, but for sponsoring this camp to help young people learn about firearms and learn to be safe shooters.  Your help at the event was most appreciated.

Also a huge thank you to 2ClicksLow, Oz, Gibson, and Zazzles for taking time away from work and summer activities during the midweek to help at this event.  You all are the best and I cannot thank you enough for all you did.

I know some pictures were taken so post them on up!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Texas T

Sounds like a solid opportunity to positively impact a large group of impressionable youth. Thanks to everyone for stepping up for this event.   :bow:
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

2 clicks low

Great kids. Great instructors and the most hospitable range I've ever seen.  Truly "post & play".
Thanks
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Oz

An amazing two days with 45 fantastic young people and an incredibly dedicated club.  My hat is off to you!

I was happy to see so many of you again from last year, touched that you remembered last year's instructors, and thrilled that you remembered the history!  And wow, did you do a great job memorizing the safety rules and safe rifle!  I hope to see you again next year at camp!  (And maybe at a separate Appleseed--feel free to come on out with a parent, sibling, friend--introduce someone else to what you learned! 

Remember, each of you has the ability to make your community a better place.  Just a little better is still better.  Imagine how things could be if we each did something to make things a little better!

I don't have a ton of pics but I do have a few--and here they are!  Until next time...Oz

"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."