News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

June 18-19 Waco GA AS

Started by American Savage, June 22, 2016, 05:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

American Savage

We could not have asked for better weather, with highs about 85 and overcast but not a drop of rain. This really helped contrast the targets and made for a great AS!!!
While a small group for the Waco range I think everyone gained a lot. The equipment that the shooters brought to the range was great, and though a bit warm in the afternoon, everyone maintained a teachable attitude throughout the event.
Sunday was review of Saturday, and a lot of trigger time, with some opting to work on squares while the line was called for the AQT.
Congratulations to AJ who, after 3 years of AS shoots, finally got the Rifleman score of 222 with iron sights!!!! Job well done AJ!!! Trevor re-qualified which was all that more difficult due to a hamstring injury he suffered before the shoot. Though a light turnout on Sunday it still made for a wonderful fathers day!
Robert improved greatly after getting the rear sight sorted out and is well on the way to get his patch next!!!
Thank you to all of the shooters for maintaining such a positive attitude and spending the weekend with us!
V

Living Hand

Congratulations, AJ!  Here's a picture of him receiving the Rifleman patch, along with some others of the event.
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as freedom, should not be highly rated."

Roswell

Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Texas T

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Padre Bob

Wait, it someone suggesting that my rear iron sight was NOT supposed to have 1/8+ play in the tailstock?

Good thing 'V' broke out his locktite and got that puppy set for me then.

I was plagued with double feeds, smoke stacks you name it, but it was still a great outing. I did notice my knees where an interesting shade of black and blue, I need to work on transitioning. 15 minutes a day transitioning and 15 minutes a day of simulated fire is my goal.

I have found myself going to class breathing deap, exhaling quickly, hold for 2 heartbeats, then compressing my right finger, hold that finger until the next cycle, release a smidge then compress it again. Trying to synch up the finger, breathing and heart.

Thank you gentlemen for the comradre, coaching and teaching. I wish we had had more active folks on day two, but it was to my benefit to get some one one one time.

And of course, congratulations on the newset rifleman, on fathers day, with his father!