News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA June 18-19, 2016 After Action Report

Started by bob 210, June 20, 2016, 02:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

Wow, what an Appleseed we had in Piru, CA this Father's Day Weekend! On Sunday, temps were above 100 degrees! Where are those Infernoseed Patches! We had many father and sons and a father and daughter spend the weekend with us! Pics to come soon.... Post your pics and comments here!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

hardlyworking

My first event as an IIT was eye opening!  Bob you run such a smooth Appleseed, not that I know any other kind but seeing the instruction from the other side of the line was very cool.  I am excited to be part of the team!

Proud of everyone that I had the pleasure to work with.  Many people were displaying the Rifleman's Persistence, putting up with showers of hot brass (Chris had burn marks on the inside of his support elbow, but he didn't let that stop his focus), punishing recoil (Gerold with shooting .270 Winchester in a 5 pound hunting rifle), Scopes too far back, loaner rifles people were unfamiliar with.  These Appleseeders powered through!

And... I am SORE.  I didn't realize that I'd be more sore as an instructor than I was as a student.  8 hours of squats and lunges put a hurtin' on my legs for sure.

It was great to see so many dads, bringing so many kids, to learn the heritage of our great nation, it would warm the heart of any American.  I can't wait to bring my own kids.

bob 210

Our new Rifleman. Congratulations A.P.!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

bob 210

Piru, CA Range Pics

bob 210

Learnin' at Piru!