News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Thread Wilmington July 16 & 17

Started by Corvette, June 18, 2016, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Hello Ohio AS

Looks like we will have a sold out shoot in Wilmington in July.  Right now Longrifleman is the only instructor signed up and we need a shoot boss.  Let get him some help. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Texas T

This is the same weekend as one of our only Western PA events. I've already committed to that, so won't be available for Wilmington. :(
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Corvette

Not problem, we will get it staffed.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Come on Ohio AS. Longrifleman needs some support in July for a sold out Wilmington shoot Wilmigton shoot. Who's gonna step up?

Corvette

Corvette

Thanks to DG Milty for stepping up to SB this shoot. They still need help on the line. Cone on Ohio, step up to help with a sold out shoot at a great range.

Corvette

goodoldfriend

Yes, please help. I am going to be there. First time in a long time. I finally got back out to the range last weekend after 2 years or more of not shooting.
I need help!

Thanks, I am looking forward to the event.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Vicegrips

I'm signed up for this, my first Appleseed.

I am using a moving pad (about 6' square, used to protect furniture in moving vans) for a shooting mat. Seems to work well. I have several more, and will bring extras if anyone would like a loaner for the event.

Safe travels, all!

goodoldfriend

Quote from: Vicegrips on July 06, 2016, 12:09:45 AM
I'm signed up for this, my first Appleseed.

I am using a moving pad (about 6' square, used to protect furniture in moving vans) for a shooting mat. Seems to work well. I have several more, and will bring extras if anyone would like a loaner for the event.

Safe travels, all!

I have used them before, they do work pretty well. A tarp underneath helps keep them dry. I don't know what range they will have us on, if it is dirt and grass there is the potential for dampness.

Looking forward to meeting you there. This will be my 2nd event, but the last one was so long ago, it does not count.
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Corvette

You can plan on basically a grass firing line.  We move down range to 25 meters from the berm to setup our line.  While the range has a covered shoot line, since we will be down range, if any of the shooters want to bring a pop up canope for shade on the ready line, there will be space for them.

Looking forward to seeing everybody in a couple of weeks.

Corvette

Del

They had us in one of the new bays last time. I assume we will be there again. Up side is no mud if it rains, down side is all gravel and no shade. I plan on bringing a few canopies but we could always use another.

Corvette

goodoldfriend

+1 for the canopies. Might get a little toasty on Sunday. Here is theNWS forcast for Wilmington, Ohio: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.44533700600044&lon=-83.82853979499964

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 61. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 60. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Vicegrips

I've got a very sturdy canopy setup that would cover about 8x16. Not a pop-up type. Would require a helper or two to set up quickly. But this setup has withstood some storms that would have shredded lesser setups!  I'll bring it tomorrow.

Corvette

Vicegrips, it was soooo good to meet you yesterday at Wilmington.  I hope you had a great Sunday and got your patch.  If you didn't, come back again, I am sure you will be able to get it.  See you on the line again soon.

Corvette

Vicegrips

It was a pleasure to meet you and the rest of the people there, both instructors and attendees! I fouled up my first AQT attempt on Sunday, but followed up with a 213, then a 235.  Great fun! Several people shot 210+, and at least one other person did so twice. 

I will be back for another appleseed this year, and I hope to bring at least one grandson along.

Safe travels!

A few pictures here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10208717365949819.1073741830.1181769730&type=1&l=f40ed6012c

Corvette

Vicegrips, it was our pleasure to work with YOU this past weekend.  I am tickled pink that you got your patch and backed it up with a monster score. 235 wow. :bow:

Looking forward to seeing you again soon at a shoot.

Corvette

goodoldfriend

Wilmington in October...wow.
Is it really almost sold out?

I just registered and got the next to last ticket according to Eventbrite.

I am going to talk to my neighbor and my son. If needed can one or two additional shooters be squeezed in?

Thanks again for the great care and instruction for the 7/16 & 7/17 event.
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Corvette

Sure we can always sqeeze in an extra body or two. Sign one of them up with the last spot and the other can walk on day of the event. You can pay the shoot boss at the event.

Corvette