News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Minute Man National Park

Started by Weezer, June 18, 2016, 04:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weezer

In case you didn't see this on the other thread (thanks to LadyVetch for posting!),  Minute Man National Park has the opportunity to receive funding for preservation through a nationwide program celebrating the 100th anniversary of the National Park System.    There are several parks in contention; however, the top 5 will be granted the funds they need to make needed updates, repairs and/or renovations.   Minute Man National Park, which is the site of the opening battle of the American Revolution on April 19, 1775, is in need of funding to rehabilitate the historic Parker's Revenge Battlefield to reveal original battlefield features and repurpose the 19th-century Hargrove Barn for use as an education center. 

The park is currently in 17th place (was in 18th yesterday, but we bumped that up!).   From now through July 5, please vote ONLY for Minute Man National Park - if we all take a minute to do this, I am certain we can nudge MMNP into the top 5!   (You are given 5 votes per day; however, if you use only 1 vote and put it toward MMNP, this will push it ahead faster.)

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/voteyourpark/
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Weezer

We're still in 17th place today - let's make a goal to see if we can get to 16th place by tonight!   Go!  Vote! 
And don't forget to register to win the trip to Yellowstone when you're finished.   Who knows, maybe you can staff an Appleseed there if you win that fancy vacation... ;D
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

FreedomV

Illegitimi non carborundum

scuzzy

Just voted again.  C'mon all - it doesn't take but a few minutes to register. After that you can vote daily easily.

Hint: You can vote for 5 parks. However only vote for 1 each day - the minuteman park.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Weezer

Quote from: scuzzy on June 22, 2016, 01:09:33 PM
Hint: You can vote for 5 parks. However only vote for 1 each day - the minuteman park.

Yep!  That will help move it up a little faster.   Off to vote again now!   O0

NJrefugee

Monday Bump!  Get in there and vote!  It looks like we are moving up in the rankings.