News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA JUNE 10-11 LADYSEED

Started by NorCal22Gal, June 16, 2016, 01:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

This was the biggest Ladyseed at Sacramento ever!  27 ladies on Saturday and 19 on Sunday!

There were quite a few new shooters, either new to shooting or new to shooting rifles.  It was wonderful to see these ladies coming out to learn. 

After getting everyone checked in and safety briefing done, we began with the morning red coat.  Once the Red Coat was done, we turned on the fire hose and began teaching. 

Despite some equipment issues and just the newness of the stuff they were learning, they began to absorb the teaching, each little bit adding a layer to already learned information.

A break for lunch and 2 strikes told.  Back to the line for the rest of the days teaching.

It was a warm weekend, but all the ladies kept at it.  Working hard to learn and understand what we were teaching.  We worked hard to help them and to assist with things like slings, cheek risers, equipment issues. 

We had 8 young ladies on the line and I was proud to hand each one a young patriots patch.  They all deserved it for their hard work and safety.

Sunday was just about as warm as Saturday had been, though we got more of a breeze, which helped some.

It was clear very soon after we started shooting that all the information we gave them on Saturday had settled in and was working much better on Sunday.  Lots of questions about what we were teaching that helped clarify things for the Ladies.  Groups seemed to shrink rapidly for most.

We stopped for lunch and some Dangerous Old Men and some Determined, yet Dangerous Women. 

Returned to the shooting and some AQT's.  Several scores in the 130's, 140's and higher.  Jennifer posted 207, 206 and then her final was a 209...and man did we hunt for some extra points...they just weren't there.  But she'll be up at the Hat Creek event in a month and I'm sure she'll get it then.

The final Red Coat was shot and cleared by Crystal!  Great Job!

Most Ladyseeds are run by all lady instructors, butI was not able to do that this year, but had the help of some wonderful gentlemen.  I am extremely grateful they were available to help us out!!  Thank you Joe, Vinnie, Matthew and Elliott! 

Thank you to the lady instructors who came out to help:  Linda, Carrie, Marta, Jennifer!!

Thank you to all the Ladies who came out to make this the best Ladyseed ever!

Thank you also to those who were able to help us tear down and clean up.  It's always appreciated.

The books:

Paul Revere's Ride & Washington's Crossing  by David Hackett Fischer
Women of the American Revolution  E.F. Ellot

Your instructors:
Laurie         NorCal22Gal    Shoot Boss
Joe         eaglescouter
Linda         Ducky
Vinnie         Vinnie
Marta         22CaliBear
Carrie         CarbineCarrie
Jennifer      Puma Mami
Matthew      Scoutcamper
Elliott         WinterRider

Hope to see you all at a future event!!

Laurie
NorCal22Gal
Shoot Boss

NorCal22Gal

This is from one of our shooters:

Dear Laurie,

Thank you for a wonderful, inspiring, instructive, exhausting weekend at Ladyseed (Sacramento, June 11-12, 2016).

I felt welcome and received excellent instruction despite my total lack of experience or familiarity with firearms,

rifle sports, and the role of the rifle(man) in American history.

The instructors were all wonderful and patient. The course of training was clear and enlightening.

The printed materials are excellent. I know that I took my first steps in a healthy and appropriate environment.

The fact that it was all women participants, women led, and primarily women instructors created the invitation that

made it possible for me to even consider attending Ladyseed, and I'm very glad I did.

I loved learning with group. You and your crew did an impressive great job of addressing the mixed nut group of various ages, backgrounds, abilities and experience.

If the Ladyseed program ever needs an enthusiastic letter of endorsement to continue this program, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

adi

Adria Gevins

FourFans

YELP,, that's an interesting slant. Sounds like you guys run an excellent shoot. The satisfaction is it's own reward is it not? The good reviews don't hurt though, eh?
  --FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

NorCal22Gal

Yelp was a way we were hoping to get the word out in Sacramento...