News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR New Plilly, OH KD June 11 and 12, 2016

Started by Corvette, June 15, 2016, 06:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Huzzah, Ohio finally hosted its first full distance AS in years. 19 shooters showed up ready to go. The weather was warm but there was a steady breeze all day that helped us stay cool. After the welcome DonD opened the weekend with an expanded KD presentation. That was followed by a safety brief and we were off to the range.

Because of range limitations we shot in flights with a moveable target line. We shot sighter groups, adjusted sights, shot confirmation groups and shot the AQT stage at each distance. 100-400.
At lunch DonD shared some history surrounding Fort Ticonderoga and the mountain boys.  Birdman was the first to qualify shooting a 47 out of 50 on his first AQT. Chuck also just missed with a 39.

Sunday dawned sunny and cooler. The weather was perfect. DonD opened Sunday with more information on MOA and Mil dot scopes and then it was off to the range. Another AQT was shot and at lunch I presented a bio of Paul Revere.  Again Birdman requalified with another 47 and Chuck shot another 39.  Then it was back to the range for work on steel targets at various ranges.  We had a 600 yard challenge that was won by EZ3 and his partner.

The day ended with everybody saying we need to do this again. Thanks to EZ3, Chuck, Shane, little buddy, Shep, ChevyShooter and all the other hats that pitched in to help with the event.  I look forward to our next KD event in Ohio. Special thanks Ho to DonD and his lively bride Sarah for coming up from Ky to teach me how to do one of these events. Thank Don.  :bow:

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

EZ3

Dittos on the thanks to DonD and Sarah.  And Thank You Corvette for organizing this event.  When word gets around I doubt you'll have any problem selling out the next one. 

BTW, my partner on the 600 yd challenge was also an instructor at my first Appleseed as a student, for those that didn't know.  I think he had most of the hits at 600.

O0

Alas, Invincible Mayonnaise missed out on a great weekend (some lame excuse about oral surgery), but I'm really proud of the western PA contingent who did show up to participate.  And it was great to meet up with old friends from the OH Appleseed crew, and to make some new ones. 

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Texas T

This was an awesome learning experience. Hat's off to DonD.  :bow:   Reading through the material was educational, but I was lost about 2/3 of the way through. Having Don on-site to explain, and then to spend one-on-one time with him to help me to better understand the concepts, was priceless.

Thanks to everyone who stepped up to make this an all-star KD event.    O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

PA10mm

It was a fantastic weekend in New Philly.

We were very lucky to have DonD there to give the KD presentation. He did a fantastic job making everything clear and easy to understand. My son said it made more sense than any math class he's ever been in, and I have to agree.

I think everything went very smooth and was well organized.

It was great to see all our old friends and to make some new ones too.

Thanks to all the Patriots who helped make this event a success, and thanks to the Tusco Rifle club for hosting.

Can't wait for the next one! O0
Became a Rifleman on April 20, 2014.

unforgiven1203

Had a great time, I cant wait to do it again.

Charles McKinley

A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!! Tusco, Corvette, DonD and everyone that came out for this awesome weekend.

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

KenGilcrest

I had a great time even thought I totally screwed up my sight adjustments on the second AQT and shot a score less than half what I did the first go-round.

Very well run shoot and I can't wait to do it again.

Speaking of doing it again: while I was there this time, I joined the TUSCO club and today (06/20/2016) I went back there for my first time as a member to try and put into practice what I learned at the KD shoot. The club is just over 50 miles from my house and it takes me right around an hour to get there. It isn't close, but not too bad and it's the only club (out of three club memberships) that I belong to that has anything over 200 yards.

Hopefully the next time, I can shoot a Rilfeman score. And of course, as usual, if I don't it's no one's fault but my own. I gotta put in the work to get there.

Shep

I also would like to say THANK YOU to all who helped make shoot a huge success. Thanks to Tusco for allowing us to make ourselves at home on their range and for the use of their facilities, DonD for his insights, and to Corvette for the huge amount of time and energy he put into making it all happen. Thanks also go to Corvette for cooking breakfast for everyone, what an awesome way to start the day!

Shep
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Charley

What an awesome KD! This was Little Buddy, Yankee and my first KD. Thank you for everyone that planned and helped make this event happen! Sorry this is late but I have some pics too...

Charley

The line

Charley

Rifleman Birdman!