News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Douglas Wyoming IBC/RBC 04-10 June 2016

Started by M1bzrk, June 15, 2016, 01:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

Wow! is all I can say.  We had the biggest IBC/RBC in Wyoming since I went through in 2009.  I believe we had 9 in IBC and 16 in RBC.  They came from Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho and Washington and our Shoot Boss and his wife came all the way from Florida.
The weather was mostly cooperative with some wind and showers.  Much nicer than late April.
Congratulations to Chuck, Chris, Katy Jo and Mark for making Rifleman and stepping up and taking Orange Hats.  To the rest of you: PERSEVERE! you all have the knowledge and ability, and several of you were knocking at the door.
Especial thanks to Engineer Shooting and Lucky Lori for coming all the way from Talahassee.  Great folks, great Instructors and great storytellers.  This was Ken's 100th Appleseed Event!!!
Thanks also to Brian Nugent, Jim Young and all the folks at Converse County Shooting Range/Park for supporting us.  The new KD stations are excellent.
Thanks to all attendees, and for those who helped out: Barb, Katy Jo, Mark, Mark, Rick, David, Chuck, Chris, Andrew, and Mike.  MORE PHOTOS WELCOME....

colonial shooter

Nice pics, and I believe you are correct, The most in attendance at boot camp prior to this one is 7 or 8. Glad to see familiar faces and a few new ones as well. I wish I could have been there but you know how health issues get in the way...
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Texas T

Looks like the weather was just about perfect. Wish I had been there, but maybe at some point in the future.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

GoldFish

Unfortunately I was only able to attend part of the IBC (had some other training with work people the following weekend), but it was definitely a profitable weekend.  Y'all had solid group of individuals willing to learn and to teach.  Thanks for letting me learn and be a part of the weekend; it was definitely a little different than the half dozen BC's I've been too, but I appreciate the pointers and opportunity for sure.  Thanks to Engineer shooting, Rocket, and M1bzrk for showing me some things.  I hope to work with you gentlemen again sometime.
Keep shooting, keep training, and pass it on.  Stay sharp and be safe!

---GF
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Engineer shooting

New Orange Hats

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

malabar

Now don't get any ideas about moving to Wyoming, Florida needs you <g>

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Lucky Lori

What  a  great  time  I  had  in Wyoming  helping out.  I am glad we made the long drive  to help.  The instructors were a fine bunch and I enjoyed working with  everyone.  I at times appeared  to be tough on everybody but  i told everyone  I was used to working with  the  best in Florida.  I certainly will add everyone to my  appleseed  family.  The many students who attended  worked really hard,  good job.  Congratulations to those who scored  and took an orange hat.  Those who did not, there will be other  opportunities  to come back i hope.  You are always welcome to come  to Tallahassee  and shoot at our range.  The dinner Thursday night was attended by most everyone and was wonderful.  Hope to see and work with  everyone again in the future.
Lucky  Lori

docjoe 5

Rain Runner shot rifleman at the RBC in Douglas, WY. Following weekend with the help of Pine Ridge Puma and M1Bzrk I shot a 226 and 210.  This last weekend Rain Runner and myself helped Pine Ridge Puma with a shoot in Mitchell, NE.  We qualified a 13 yo, 15 yo, and 2 adults. Rain Runner at 13 yo proved very useful in coaching the younger shooters.  Thank you Engineer Shooting, Lucky Lori, rocket, M1Bzrk, and Pine Ridge Puma for all of your support.

Engineer shooting

Quote from: docjoe 5 on June 27, 2016, 10:56:40 PM
Rain Runner shot rifleman at the RBC in Douglas, WY. Following weekend with the help of Pine Ridge Puma and M1Bzrk I shot a 226 and 210.  This last weekend Rain Runner and myself helped Pine Ridge Puma with a shoot in Mitchell, NE.  We qualified a 13 yo, 15 yo, and 2 adults. Rain Runner at 13 yo proved very useful in coaching the younger shooters.  Thank you Engineer Shooting, Lucky Lori, rocket, M1Bzrk, and Pine Ridge Puma for all of your support.

Katie Jo and Papa Joe  O0 O0 What a nice addition to the Appleseed family!