News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX June 11-12, 2016 AAR

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, June 14, 2016, 08:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

19 shooters joined us at the CCC Shooting Complex on Saturday June 11, 2016.

Ghostring, TT92 and myself instructed on Saturday . I cannot thank them enough.

Once shooters were checked in they were put to work helping set up the range.

Weather was partly cloudy and HOT - SE Texas is done with overnight lows in the 60's for a while.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

We instructors were pretty busy with 19 shooters Saturday AM. I didn't take that many photos Saturday.

Ghostring and TT92 cover sling usage and prone steady hold factors.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

scuzzy

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on June 14, 2016, 08:45:19 PM
Weather was partly cloudy and HOT - SE Texas is done with overnight lows in the 60's for a while.

Yup - and bout to get a lot hotter. Supposedly 100 for a high this Friday.

And good shoot. I think Ghostring is gonna be getting the redhat real soon now.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

There was a higher than normal percentage of shooters who refused photo permission (guess they are camera shy like me  :cool2:) so these are the only Saturday photos I can post.

This is the first shoot I recall where S&W M@P .22LR rifles outnumbered the Ruger 10/22 rifles present.

Nice seeing a lot of centerfires, including a M1 Garand.

Everyone enjoyed the shade that Ghostring brought - it was convenient for hanging his beautiful new map as well. Here is Ghostring telling the 3rd Strike.

Things went a little slow on Saturday - instructors were strecthed a little thin with individual issues that came up - but the shooters received and applied what we taught them.

At the end of Saturday I asked for a show of hands to either shoot an AQT and a Hits Count Redcoat  target OR just the Redcoat. The heat had take the energy out of a lot of the shooters - so they shot the Redcoat only.

I asked for a show of hands as to who would return Sunday - 19 hands went up.  :)
Ladyseed Man Slave

Sunday 18 shooters kept their word and returned to persist - despite the 50-80% chance of rain forecast.

That 1 shooter that didn't show is someone we know - we forgive her. This time... !@#)

Oh look! Its Doorkicker! He goes off and makes a Rifleman score in WACO  ::) - now he's a brand new IIT!

With Tank5 helping us Sunday we had 5 instructors and were in a much better position to give individual instruction.

Finally we get to some AQTs
Ladyseed Man Slave

Mr O. L.  - right out of the gate - makes a 218 Rifleman score! We told him to never do that bad again. I was glad his score was that high 'cause if it had been a 210 we were already soggy. Rain had started. He's a Navy Corpsman and tends to hang out with some Marines that can shoot.

Tank5 says it is still raining...so we stood under the canopy and talked about how we each found out about Appleseed. Eventually the rain let up and the AQT grind continued.

You know what we do to torture, er I mean employ new IITs right? Have them call the line - Doorkicker did a great job.

At the May shoot we had two shooters named Jared/Jarod. To tell them apart one declared himself Jared Prime.

Jared Prime returned to the June shoot to persist. The other Jarod from May - not so much.

Jared Prime's persistence paid off - scored 220 baby! Congrats and don't ever shoot that bad again!

Ladyseed Man Slave

Weezer

It wouldn't be a true Appleseed without some liquid sunshine!   ;D

Looks like you had a great event - and how awesome that Ghostring brought a canopy!   That's luxury right there.   O0
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Ghostring

...oh, we used to dream about shooting with a canopy!
We had to shoot from a shoebox in the middle of the road.
--Cardboard box?
Yes.
--You were lucky! ... ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Weezer

A cardboard box in the middle of the road?

Oh, we used to DREAM of something that nice!
We used to shoot from a old water tank atop a rubbish tin. 
We'd do the Rifleman's Cadence while having rotting fish dumped all over us!
You were lucky!    **)
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

Quote from: Weezer on June 17, 2016, 01:33:00 AM
We'd do the Rifleman's Cadence while having rotting fish dumped all over us!
You were lucky!    **)

Stop making fun of my Appleseed lunch. I have Strikes to tell. Strikes I tell you!

Ladyseed Man Slave

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Weezer

HOW did I miss this?    Seriously, Steve?   Seriously?

My son is now chomping at the bit to get to a CS event to meet, as he says, "that guy with the cool beard who likes sardines and Monty Python as much as I do".   
You've won the heart of my 9-year-old.    ;D

Quote from: Weezer on September 23, 2016, 07:58:43 PM
HOW did I miss this?    Seriously, Steve?   Seriously?

My son is now chomping at the bit to get to a CS event to meet, as he says, "that guy with the cool beard who likes sardines and Monty Python as much as I do".   
You've won the heart of my 9-year-old.    ;D

Sounds like your son is coming along nicely!
Ladyseed Man Slave