News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hampton IA 6/11-6/12

Started by Twineagles, June 14, 2016, 07:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

What a great group of shooters. Lots of questions during presentations and great participation. It was very warm but we had enough wind during most of it to cool us down. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and then drink something were the words for the weekend.

We ended up with 1 rifleman and most shooters knocking on the door. From the first redcoat to the last one on Sunday we saw some very determined shooters.

Great range and we are already planning a shoot there next year. 
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Greg in NCIA

Don't forget congratulations due to the new Green Hat!  All four instructors did a fantastic job.  I've heard nothing but good comments and the question "are you going to have another one next year?"
I suspect we'll be able to get a few new shooters next year.  Caleb's started reading Paul Revere's Ride.  He asked me if I would buy it for him.  He was pretty excited when I showed him the copy I bought after last year's Ames Appleseed.

Twineagles

Yes it is now official Shannon (aka Rhysling) is a shoot boss and Bruce (aka phantom bang) was promoted to IIT2

Good to hear Caleb is reading the book he really liked the heritage parts.

Passion for Liberty is what drives our instructors and meeting great people along the way helps too. To paraphrase Will Rogers I never met a shooter at an Appleseed I didn't like.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne