News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine WI. June 11-12

Started by Reckless Rick, June 12, 2016, 10:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reckless Rick

90 plus degree weather didn't hamper 33 people coming out to the RAcine County Line Rifle Club for a day of no shade instruction. Three new Rifleman Michael, Oliver, and David (219×2) persevered and the group doubled their effect range. Two more orange hats joined the mission Great job stayed hydrated and alert!!!

Pictures to follow,please add comment and pictures
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

Laredo

Wow,.... Saturday was HOT!!

Despite the heat, the shooters persisted.  What a great group!  Saturday showed the greatest single day improvement I can remember.  Included in this amazing improvement were two new Rifleman!  The is a testament to the great attitude and open minds of the shooters.  You all should be proud of yourselves.  Saturday was no easy task.  Fred always says; "A Rifleman persists."  You all displayed the heart of a Rifleman!

We had a great group of instructors lead by our newly minted Green Hat, Reckless Rick.  Great job Reckless!

Here are a few shots of the event. 

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

BigT

What an awesome event!  The instructors were top notch and really worked well with my 12 year old son to teach him rifle safety and how to shoot.   We will definitely attend future Project Appleseed events.  A special thank you to the instructors, you made this event special. 

martin

Looks like you all had a great event! Well done everyone! O0 O0
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

DrRichP

Hi Folks,

Thanks for a wonderful weekend! I've heard from Michael who had a great time this weekend, and from Lex who asked to share this picture of David (our new Rifleman 219×2) and our new orange hat.  Great job folks, and thanks to my team and the shooters for a safe and fun shoot.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Reckless Rick

Saturdays 2 new Rifleman, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!

Reckless Rick

Diehard group shot

Kholin

Congratulations and great work to all the shooters!  The dedication to stick through it on Saturday was staggering, and after it most of you came back.   :bow:

Also specific congrats to Oliver, Michael, and David on making Rifleman! O0

Kholin

---
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."― Tom Paine

"We must be willing to pay a price for freedom." -H.L. Mencken

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." -H.L. Mencken

Trig

Looks like a FANTASTIC event!

Congrats Rick, well earned!
:---
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

DrRichP

A pair of prescription glasses in Mikes car today. He thinks one of the guys that rode with him when he went to the long distance shoot may have dropped them. If you rode with Mike in his black Tesla, and lost your prescription sunglasses, Please get in touch with me.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Nasrani

My second Appleseed. While I couldn't seem to break above the 196/197 area, I was inspired by watching David jump out of the 170's to score 219. And again just to show it wasn't a fluke! He really put it all together. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/Smileys/newsmileys/bowdown.gif

I truly enjoyed the experience all around.  I will be back!
Beware the old man in an occupation where men die young.

Janir

You'll break out past 200! By the time your hitting close to 200 your knocking on the door and a little bit of tightening up will happen almost magically and next thing you know your there.

Quote from: Nasrani on June 15, 2016, 01:48:03 AM
My second Appleseed. While I couldn't seem to break above the 196/197 area, I was inspired by watching David jump out of the 170's to score 219. And again just to show it wasn't a fluke! He really put it all together. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/Smileys/newsmileys/bowdown.gif

I truly enjoyed the experience all around.  I will be back!
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Headspace

This is my 2nd Appleseed and it was another great event.

A huge "Thank you" goes out to everyone who put this event on -- and didn't wilt under the brutal sun on Saturday.

miara

What a nice looking range!  33 people...that is awesome:)