News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kearneysville, WV June 11, 2016

Started by Vjornaxx, June 11, 2016, 10:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vjornaxx

What a beautiful day in the Mountain State - it started clear and ended hot! We got moving early to set the line with help from our liaison at the Izaak Walton League of America - Leetown Gun Club, Gordon. Thank you so much for your help, Gordon! Four students answered the call to arms including 2 youths. We covered a lot of ground in one day and students showed remarkable improvement in their marksmanship skills. I'd also like to give recognition to the tenacity of the students who were shooting in 93ºF direct sunlight - they dug deep!

The morning saw all 4 shooters participate in the Redcoats and one shooter cleared the 100 yard silhouette. The afternoon saw 3 shooters on the line with 2 clearing it at 400 yards, 1 clearing at 100, and 1 of the youths (our own Double A Ron's son!) cleaned the Redcoats! Congratulations Double A Ron Jr! (Triple A Ron?)

Students were very receptive to the 3 strikes as well as Dangerous Old Men. I believe our team did an excellent job conveying the message as we saw a lot of heads nodding to the lessons learned on April 19th, 1775.

We were able to get 2 AQTs completed and although no one broke 210, most students were knocking at the door. Keep practicing and remember to dry fire!

Congratulations students - you persisted through some tough conditions and you are well on your way down the path of the Rifleman! Thank you again to Gordon and the IWLA Leetown Gun Club for being such a gracious host for Project Appleseed! I look forward to working with you again!
"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true."