News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pelham, TN June 3 & 4, 2016

Started by Regulator, June 08, 2016, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regulator

Another great day at Elk River Training Center! We had 11 shooters out on a Friday (14 pre-regs with two cancellations and 1 no-show). The instructor crew for Friday consisted of Cossack, Overmountain Man, Ramblin' Wreck, Rusty, and myself. Cossack got in some trigger time, and I put him to work when he wasn't shooting. It is always great to have the Ramblin' Wreck and Rusty show on the line, even though Wreck was sporting a cast and crutches.  ;D Those two work so well together and I was thrilled to have their assistance! Wreck gave an awesome First Strike and we went straight into instruction.

We had a pretty good mixture of age and shooting experience. Our two youngest shooters shot from prone with the use of a bag for support. Everyone else contorted themselves into position with the sling. At lunch, Rusty's telling of the Second Strike kept the shooters engrossed in the story as they ate their sandwiches, and rested. Rusty got in a little trigger time in the afternoon, and the shooters were a little awed at how easy he made it look to ring a 2 ½ MOA target at 400 yards.  :bow:

We gave the shooters an afternoon break while I told the Third Strike. The afternoon heat and humidity took a lot out of everyone, so we took things a little slower, and finished up a little early.

On Saturday morning, the instructor crew consisted of Overmountain Man, Cleveland, and myself. The shooters arrived by 8:30 and we got things under way. After reviewing the safety rules and a run-down of the instruction from Friday, we got down to shooting some sighters and drills. We had an absolute downpour at noon, so we all huddled under the only two pop-up canopies' we had and ate a sandwich while the instructors told some Dangerous Old Men stories.

We got 2 AQTs in on Saturday afternoon, and Overmountain Man got in a little trigger time on the 400-yard steel. We didn't have any new Riflemen, but there were some really good scores. Everyone had a great weekend, and learned something. I hope to see all these shooters back on the line again soon!
RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15