News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Toccoa Ga June 4-5 AAR

Started by American Savage, June 07, 2016, 05:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

American Savage

Wow, what a wonderful event it turned out to be!!!

I want to thank each of the shooters and the Instructor cadre for making this a most memorable event. An awsome set of 18 shooters, 2 youth shooters, and a total of 12 shooters who self evaluated at a skill level of 2 or lower. Given this experience level the shooters easily adapted to the line commands and everyone responded in such a great way that the shoot flowed smoothly and cleanly.

The credit for this lies directly with the shooters themselves and the Instructor support.
Safety was outstanding. Muzzle awareness and discipline by the shooters was some of the best I have ever seen anywhere.

Though I was only able to bequeath one Rifleman patch at this event, the improvement as shown by the Red Coat COF on the second day said it all. Everyone improved, and as a group the improvement was amazing.

The combination of shooter self-discipline, safety, shooters brining a teachable attitude, and just general awsomeness made this one Appleseed to remember; as a shooter or as an Instructor. It was an honor to be your SB, and a more wonderful experience and memory could not be asked for.

Chris, Megan, Jamie, and Ross, and Dr. John were always a step ahead, but, the shooters were usually a step ahead of them and the pace and flow of the event bore that out.

One could not ask for a better host or a better facility than Toccoa (the birth place of Appleseed in Ga.) and our host and their facility made the event convenient; being outside it was hot and the humidity was close to 100% the whole weekend. A special thanks to all of the shooters who pitched in to help clean the range! I am thankful the rain held off though it threatened a couple of times!

I want to thank each of you who looked after my daughter after she stepped on that nail. Thank you, she went to the hospital after we got home and they cleaned and debrided the injury, gave her a teatnus booster, and an antibiotic. She is fine and well on her way to a full recovery. Thank you again.

We were able to get in 4 AQT's during the weekend and congratulations go to Jay for breaking that 210 barrier and taking home a rifleman patch!!! (I only wish I could have given out some more.)

Then on to the 100 yard range and seeing the ballistics for real, adjusting the sights and ringing some steel down range.

I really could not have asked for a better event, and that is all do to the shooters first and foremost, and the instructors who supported us,
Thanks,
V (jim)

Texas T

Sounds like a great event. Thanks for all that stepped up and provided support.

O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Jay Maiers

...And thanks to you, V, for running the show.  Outstanding!
I'd also like to thank our instructors for all of their hard work and excellent coaching. 
Last but certainly not least, a round of applause goes to Morpheus and his presentation of John Patrick Henry's speech.

My wife and I enjoyed ourselves immensely, learned a lot, and are looking forward to attending another Appleseed this fall.

Roswell

:pics:

Sorry I'm late to the party! This past weekend at Toccoa was awesome. It was so great to see a big turnout there again. Our SB, V kicked things off for us after getting everyone checked in.

After going over Safety, Jambo took the line and we gathered to hear the Line Commands

Then it was time to shoot. Those redcoats never saw it coming!

Lunch brought us a well-earned respite as our SB told us the Second Strike (Your author having told the first)

After some more shooting the students learned about talking targets and Inches,Minutes and Clicks

Jambo told us the 3rd Strike and V gave an inspiring benediction

Sunday we made good use of our time and spent the morning reviewing as the range has an agreement with the neighbors to not shoot before noon on Sunday. Fabricator and his wife, Fabricator's Gal were an awesome team as always!

Then it was back to the line!  :---

Our day ended with 1 new Rifleman. Congratulations and well earned Jay!  O0

I hope to see you all again on the trail soon.  Remember, only perfect practice makes perfect. Dry fire! Dry fire! Dry fire!

In Liberty,
Roswell
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23