News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD Day at Jonesville Saturday June 4

Started by fisherdawg, June 07, 2016, 01:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisherdawg

Tutt270 & I convoyed up to Slipper Lake, picked up 450bush and moseyed up to the old coal pit.  Slowpoke joined us immediately and we got to work. KD is a bit of work and a lot of fun.  We sighted in at 25 to confirm zero.

We then set steel at 100, 200, 300, & 400 yards.  We setup full size paper silhouttes at 200 to confirm Battle Sight Zeroes too.  Tutt, Slowpoke & brought ATV's and Tutt brought his awesome ATV trailer to target frames.  We only had to cut about an acre, maybe 2, of alders to clear the rudimentary trails to each target line and confirm lines of sight.  We confirmed distances with 2 laser ranges finders.  BTW, very positive review on the new SIG Kilo 2000!   ;D

We settled in to work at 200 and quickly we were ringing the steel at 100 & 200.  After a quick lunch we moved the paper to 300 and began work at that distance.  Well, to make a long story short, we all rang the steel at 300 in a fairly consistent fashion.  400 was a lot more challenging but both Tutt & Slowpoke demonstrated true skill.

Both of them qualified on a Full Distance Steel AQT!!  Congratulations guys.

Tutt even showed that .22 can (inconsistently) at 400, but quite definitely at 300.

It was a lot of fun.  I will try to put together another day in the fall if at all possible.  Don't miss it.
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

ItsanSKS

Congratulations to Tutt and Slowpoke for hammering the KD AQT!

Where are the pictures?
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Slowpoke

Thanks to Fisher for scheduling the event!

And thanks ItsanSKS. I was hoping you'd be there.

And Tutt deserves extra congratulations for qualifying on the Full Distance Steel AQT with a Bolt Action (with an (I believe four-round) internal magazine)! :bow:
As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun.  While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.
Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. --Thomas Jefferson

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2016/06/safety-is-for-always.html