News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Channing, MI June 4-5, 2016

Started by Taylor, June 06, 2016, 11:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Thanks to all who participated in and contributed to the success of our third Appleseed in Channing, MI at our great host the Sagola Township Sportsmens Club.  :bow:

There was plenty of enthusiasm on the line throughout Saturday's steady downpour and Sunday's on and off showers. All were focused on the rifle instruction and history...what rain?  ;)   As Glock Jockey says, it never rains at the range.  ;D

I'm not sure if we posted two or three AQTs on Saturday as my notes were waterlogged but nonetheless young Logan pounced on our first AQT and earned his Rifleman patch with a 214. Applying the icing to the cake Logan cleared Sunday morning's Redcoat target.  O0 O0

On Saturday Kyle scored a 210 after coming so close at May 2015's event but escaped the 210  baptism tradition as he'd already been baptized by the Sagola Township waters all day Saturday.  :cool2:   Nice job Kyle.  O0

On Sunday Brian put it all together and scored a 217.  O0  Persistence pays off once again.  O0

Also on Sunday Katherine aka Special K requalified at 233 with a bolt .22... the same young lady who requalified in May 2015 with a centerfire AR. I take her seriously when she says that there may be a 250 score on her horizon.  O0

I want to mention Levi who improved from a best of 55 in May 2015 to near 160 this past weekend. Persist young man!  O0

There were many others familiar as well as new faces on the line who all showed us that with Rifleman's persistence there is a Rifleman patch waiting for them. I hope to see you all on the line again soon.  :)

The instruction was superb thanks to Dragon Medic, weaslewoods, Glock Jockey and Special K. You all are the greatest.  :bow:

Special thanks to Tony (aka Glock Jockey) and his wonderful wife Bee, two of Appleseed's greatest Yooper supporters.  :bow:

Congratulations to Glock Jockey and Special K who completed their PC2s and job well done to Dragon Medic who held us spellbound with his telling of the First and Second Strikes.  O0

Here come da' pics:

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Pics continued:
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Pics:

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Pics:

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Last of my pics:

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

martin

Wow, it looks like you are having way too much fun up there! I'll have to try and find my way up there. Well done to all!!! O0 O0
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

RustyRed

DrRichP

Congratualtions to all, and thanks to our incredible instructor team. Outstanding. O0
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

weaselwoods

The Channing MI was a great success, & was awesome. Thanks to all whom have helped spread the word of our heritage & our liberty. something... something... "rain or shine we are on the line???" I look forward to working with everyone again, till then keep your powder dry, & happy trail blazing.   
"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well-trained, well-equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely" -General Dwight D. Eisenhower

As for me I'm a #4  patriot -From Fred's "which are you, patriot?" in shotgun news. Always try to improve first yourself, then others around you.

If freedom of speech is taken away then dumb & silent we may be led like sheep to the slaughter -George Washington