News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Liberty Center, june 4-5

Started by Blindman, June 05, 2016, 10:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blindman

I'll just leave this here for a bit.
Darn thunderstorms!
okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Mutant Texan

I liked the rain on Saturday.  It kept me cool and comfortable.  I was unable to show up on Sunday but by the looks of the Weather radar, it looked a bit stormy across western Ohio.
"Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills."

Flavius Josephus, Jewish Historian, AD 37--101, on the Roman military

Blindman

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
No, seriously, it was....
Saturday was a somewhat damp day, as the Rifleman gods gave us just enough rain for history and to keep the mosquitos' at bay and to keep us cool and comfy.  Sunday as thunderstorms raced in after lunch, dopler radar gave us the warning we needed to break down the lines and say our goodbyes as storm clouds raced in.
Redcoats
       Saturday (17)     Sunday (6)
         AM     PM     AM      line called due to imminent thunderstorms
100     5        8      5
200     3        5      1
300     1        3      0
400     0       3       0
Sh       0       1       2
Clear    0      0      0
      All shooters showed great promise, as well as safe handling skills and a teachable attitude, something I was sure would have shown with great improvement on the last Redcoat.  The attrition of the shooters from Satruday to Sunday was disappointing, but all said they would be returning
      All shooter were skillfully instructed in the arts of IMC and the 6 steps by 3rd Degree, One shooter managed to gain his patch with a score of 210, "Mutant Texan" was blessed by the waters of the north bridge (Pictures to follow).
okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Mutant Texan

I am surprised that so few people showed up on Sunday.  I was the only one to raise my hand when you asked if there was anyone not planning on showing up on Sunday.  This was also before I found out about my 210 score. 

I plan to register my wife and I for the October Appleseed event in Gibsonburg.  I plan to apply what I have so far learned to the application of running a bolt action carbine.  It has the perfect set of design features for making it a perfect carbine for ambushing red coats.  It is chambered in a 7.62x51.  I plan to use M80 ball which means this round has about a 150 grain bullet on it.  The carbine also sports a controlled feed Mauser style action, M1 style iron sights (my favorite), box magazine, and a nice free floating barrel.  I just need to learn the slight changes in rules when someone uses a bolt action vs the semi-auto design.
"Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills."

Flavius Josephus, Jewish Historian, AD 37--101, on the Roman military

Cadence

About half of the line were relatives and friends of Little Buddy, Charley and Yankee. A dad and his two sons were recruited by Blindman, so all in all a family affair.
Sunday was unfortunate in a few ways. Once the initial thunderstorm line went through, it didn't rain the rest of the afternoon. We had the possibility of adding another 3 riflemen as Michael, Dan and Tyler were knocking on the door when we had to suspend the Sunday AQT's.  :wb:  !@#)

Guys, please come back to another Appleseed it doesn't matter where, because you have shown to have the tools to shoot a Rifleman's score.  :~

And to Larry who struggled with the sitting position, do the rifleman's yoga like we talked about and persist!  O0

Congrats to Mutant Texan for finally scoring Rifleman on our one and only Saturday AQT.  ^:)^
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams