News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hi Texas, you're in the news!

Started by B.C., June 01, 2016, 04:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

Hi Texas, you're in the news! ABC news that is.....

http://www.kvia.com/news/project-appleseed-hopes-to-spread-shooting-skills-civics-in-the-borderland/39774162

It's nice to see us in the media with such a positive news piece. Good job lone star state, don't mess with Texas - huzzzah!
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Jerry Hall

Howdy Mecreos,
Thanks for posting!
This event took place May 28-29, 2016 At the El Paso Community College - Law Enforcement Training Academy's, State of the Art Indoor Range
See the AAR: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=48645.0 ,

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Weezer

That really was a positive piece - surprising for a mainstream media outlet like ABC.   I'll take it!  Huzzah!   :~

I don't know if you noticed, but there was one negative comment below the article - that person was quickly set straight (not by me - I have no idea who the posters are).   This is what Appleseed is all about -  educating the public about our history, heritage and why the 2nd amendment is #2 and not, say, #12.   Learning how to more effectively use the rifles we own helps not only make us better marksmen but also helps us understand the role they played in shaping this nation. 

Great job, Jerry!   O0
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Jerry Hall

Thanks also belong to OLAdcock for being the designated 7th Stepper!
Thank you OL,

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."