News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gibsonburg, OH May 21-22, AAR

Started by Blindman, May 31, 2016, 11:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blindman

I'll just leave this here for a little bit...
okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Blindman

The ranges of Gibsonburg once again became the forge of riflemen as seventeen citizens came forward to learn the art of the rifle. Shooters were attentive and brought safe handling skills and a teachable attitude, which complemented some fine skill levels.
   Redcoats held this up;
                 Red Coats
                   Sat           Sun
                 AM    PM    AM  PM
Shooters,    17            17   
100             10   14     12    13
200              7    6        8     9
300              3    6        4     6
400              1    1        1     3
Shingle         3    2        0     4
Cleared         0    0        0     3

Weather was excellent, sunny with a slight, instructional value wind, with no rain or other inclement weather.  Initial set-up was delayed for safety concerns after line inspection determined a possible safety concern. This was the largest class the Gibsonburg has seen in some time, but the shooters brought good skills and a teachable attitude, which made for very good squares and an early introduction of the AQT's.
ON Sunday, Shooters were treated to a fine instruction of KD by Cadence.
All in all, this was a great start to a hopefully great year. No safety incidents to not and three new riflemen. The George requalified with a 219, and two new rifleman, "Crooked G" with a 223 and "Tube and Bolt" shooting a 210, was blessed by the waters of the North Bridge.

okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Cadence

Great group of shooters to go along with the great weather.

Congrats to new riflemen "Crooked G" and "tube and bolt" and George for re-qualifying. A lot of new shooters showed amazing improvement over the course of the weekend and were knocking on the door of the 210 score.  O0 Norman D Landing, a returning rifleman, rocked the weekend by shooting his Garand all weekend long. By the way, do you have one of my 2-round clips?  ~~:)

On Sunday shooters were treated to the opportunity to show off their skills at Gibsonburg's 500 yd range. Angie proved her skills at transitioning from  25M  to long range by pinging steel.

"Crooked G" obtained his nickname by showing some mischievous instructors just how good of a shooter he really is. On Sunday we were doing a course of fire we call "all sins forgiven", in which 2 AQTs are hung side by side and shoot one stage on the left target, go downrange to inspect your target, and then shoot the same stage again on the right hand target. Since 'G' had already shot a rifleman's score, Blindman and I thought we would test him by having both AQT's posted on an angle.   >:D "G" responded by posting rifleman scores on BOTH AQT's!!!  ^:)^ Good job "G".  PS - If you don't like the nickname, please feel free to choose some other name on the form.

Finally, I would like to apologize to all those for my blubbering during my attempt to add to the Sunday blessing. Just wanted people to remember those on April 19, 1775 and those since that have sacrificed so much for the rest of us, but those old emotions just welled up and trouble getting it out. :-[
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams