News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gainesville, FL May 28-29, 2016

Started by 9mm4545, May 31, 2016, 01:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

The first shoot in Gainesville in a long time turned out to be a raging success. Good attendance by a group of ready-to-learn students and the progress made was truly gratifying. By the end of the shoot on Sunday we had three Riflemen to re-qualify and one new Rifleman was revealed. I will ask that our photographers share their talented work and post some photos. To everyone, thanks for coming out and spending a weekend rekindling the fire of Liberty.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

B.C.

Great students, great instructors. Summertime is here! Enjoy some pictures below:
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

B.C.

Quote from: mecreos on May 31, 2016, 02:45:41 PM
Great students, great instructors. Summertime is here! Enjoy some pictures below:

B.C.

B.C.

Quote from: mecreos on May 31, 2016, 02:48:59 PM

kylemason

Quote from: 9mm4545 on May 31, 2016, 01:50:32 PM
The first shoot in Gainesville in a long time turned out to be a raging success. Good attendance by a group of ready-to-learn students and the progress made was truly gratifying. By the end of the shoot on Sunday we had three Riflemen to re-qualify and one new Rifleman was revealed. I will ask that our photographers share their talented work and post some photos. To everyone, thanks for coming out and spending a weekend rekindling the fire of Liberty.

I so appreciate everyone who works so hard at these events!  Thank you so much!

300blackoutguy

HUZZAH! Finally was able to shot the score. I truly could not have done it without the dedicated instructors.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! They saw what needed correction and prodded me in the right direction to stop the :wb:.
Special thanks to 9mm4545 for calling cadence for me that one time. That made me trust I had my NPOA set.....and it showed in the score. Also, Minutemom, Rambogranny, Smoke, mecreos and all the other instructors that I cannot recall at this time.
Minutemom was not there for the award of my patch :-[ as there were other commitments.
NOW to set up for the next verification to prove it was not a fluke. Bootcamp? haven't been to that in years.... Hmmmmm #)
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend upon the support of Paul."

B.C.

Yes sir 300blackoutguy! Your determination payed off as you stood tall and proud with that little patch of persistence. Congratulations indeed. Please consider attending the boot camp in Tallahassee early next year, I guarantee you'll learn a lot about marksmanship and more importantly about yourself.

Also - thank you kylemason for stepping up and donning the orange hat. You got the right stuff sir, welcome aboard!

kylemason

Some pictures of the shooting of Jean's Garand!  You are awesome to share your ammo with these guys!

kylemason

And a few more pictures of the awesome sauce being made!

Minutemom

Great pictures guys, and another great shoot!!

Huzzah 300Blackoutguy!!  I knew you could do it!!!!!  I'm so sorry I had to miss you receiving that well-deserved patch.  Well, I will make sure that I am there when you requalify  ;)

kylemason, thanks so much for stepping up and taking an orange hat.  Welcome to the family!!  You will be a wonderful asset to the Florida cadre.  You know your stuff!

Thanks to all the wonderful instructors and dedicated participants that made this shoot a rockin' success. 

Smoak, you are an awesome shoot boss, I just don't know what took you so darn long  ~~:)

See you all on the line soon!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

300blackoutguy

The third time WAS the charm. This was the 3rd shot I had been to. For those that were close but not there... persistence and perfect practice are the keys to success. Prior to this one 195- 191 were the norm. Close but no cigar.
I shall continue to practice perfectly for the next one. So that I can do as someone did and post 2 qualifying scores in one day :bow:
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend upon the support of Paul."

Wes

Congratulations 300blackoutguy!!!  You earned it and it is most certainly not an easy task to accomplish.

And congrats to Kyle for deciding to become an instructor-you will make a good one.

My son and I would like to send a big thank you to all of the instructors who volunteer their time, energy, knowledge and expertise that make these events so special. So to 9mm45,Rambogranny,Smoak, Cableguy, Minutemom, Mecreos, and Glen, thank you so much. It was 2 great days spent with great folks. I just can't recommend this program enough!

We are already looking forward to the July event. Neither of us managed to reach the goal at this event but that is solely on us. We received excellent, and very patient instruction from multiple instructors. So to prepare for the next one, we are going to take what we learned and we plan to DRYFIRE, DRYFIRE, DRYFIRE.

Thanks again folks.