News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester, TN - May 30 2016 - KD Event

Started by TN_Dadx5, May 31, 2016, 01:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TN_Dadx5

What a better way to observe Memorial Day than to help others better their long range shooting?

I don't know about the students, but I really enjoyed my day!  We began the day with prayer and giving thanks for those who gave their all for their loved ones and countrymen.  Then we got to task in the classroom going over everything that we'd put into use out on the range.  The students were confident in their gear and their grasp on shooting fundamentals having been through 25m Appleseed events.

At the range we began with 5-round sighters at each distance to check the calculated ballistics trajectory that the students had done for their setup.  Then we began the AQTs.

The first AQT looked promising but no one was able to hit the mark, but we had some close scores; one within 1 hole.  The second AQT was much like the first and that's when the heat of the day and gear issues popped up their ugly heads, and taking a couple students out of the running.  We shot two more AQTs but no one was able to earn their KD rockers.  I think that the timed courses were the sticking place.

I look forward to seeing these guys back on the range and urge them to continue practicing and studying.

The Whole Group

Andrew1

Andrew2

Doyle

The 400 yard Stare
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

Harmonica

The fat guy in the orange hat looks tired.  Maybe he needs to exercise. $$-0

It looked like "Andrew #1" was going to get his rocker. I bet he will get it at the next shoot.

Doyle was shooting good enough groups but too high. Once he gets that rifle sorted he'll be in good shape.

Thanks to Charlie, Claude and Will for your time and expertise. I had a great time despite not being physically able to do much.

See y'all at the next shoot. O0
Now who can argue with that?