News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladyseed Albuquerque, New Mexico City Range Memorial Day Weekend May 28-29 2016

Started by TaosGlock, May 30, 2016, 08:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

Project Appleseed is part of of The Revolutionary War Veterans Association and dedicated to teaching every American our shared heritage and history as well as traditional rifle marksmanship skills.

The Revolutionary War Veterans Association is a non-profit organization operated by volunteer instructors.
Our volunteer instructors travel across the country teaching those who attend about the difficult choices,
the heroic actions, and the sacrifices that the Founders made on behalf of modern Americans for our country's
freedom and independence.

Project Appleseed's heritage program vividly portrays the Battles of Lexington and Concord.
Modern listeners are confronted with the danger, the fear, and the heartbreaking separations that arose out of the
choices made on April 19th, 1775. They are also reminded of the marksmanship skills and masterful organization that
ultimately helped set the colonists on the path to success. Those who attend gain a better understanding of the
fundamental choices faced by our ancestors as they began to set the stage for the nation we now enjoy.

This week we traveled to Albuquerque to meet up with two of our local instructors for a two day Ladyseed.
What an awesome group of shooters! They are the epitome of the stuff Americans are made of. Proof that Americans are not quitters.

We had equipment and some serious wind issues, but the show went on.

A big huzzah to some serious lady shooters!

Far from the city...

Is the range.

Telephoto from range area:
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

TaosGlock

This group showed amazing improvement by the end of day 1. It was humbling.  :bow:
This Day 1 late afternoon Red Coat had his clock cleaned.  :---
Before and after:

Group shot!
Standing: Jodi, Michelle, Jan, Reva, Jenn
Seated: TG and BF, Jones, desert_Diver
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

TaosGlock

More pics:

Natural Point of Aim laser demo:

Coaching on the line:

BlueFeather:

BlueFeather

I was humbled by the tenacity and drive of this amazing group of ladies. They all made 'average Americans' look incredibly lazy... did we say that all but one of them were over 60? Everyone got markedly better and thanked us profusely for our efforts. The holiday weekend probably reduced the turnout, but that enabled us to give closers attention. What an appropriate way to spend the Memorial Day weekend!
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

TaosGlock

TaosGlock

Another great Appleseed and we are on the road again, truck bulging at the sides with targets, rifles and supplies, to our next event..

This was a very fitting to way to honor our founders by doing this event on Memorial Day!

A HUGE thanks and Huzzah to Jones (Kaleb) and desert_diver (Jon) for helping us and running the show on Sun.
You guys will re-awaken the sleeping Riflemen in Albuquerque! :~
Your dedication to the program is humbling! Thanks for stepping up! :bow:

Be sure to join us on Aug. 27-28 at the NRA Whittington Center for another 2 day event.
Join us there also for our Unknown Distance event on Sept. 17-18
We have a Scoutseed on Sept. 24-25 at the famous Jeff Cooper Range-what a fitting place for that.

Be sure to join us or sign up as an instructor! O0 :---

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

FourFans

Wow, how do you shoot on pads that thick? I think one was a waterbed.
  --FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY