News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AR group buy

Started by smoakingun, May 26, 2016, 06:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

I have been presented with an opportunity to do something cool.
A shop in Jacksonville does short runs of high quality AR's. If 25 or more of us want to place an order, he will stamp any logo or picture we want into the receiver. Maybe Issac Davis or a colonial flag? A stripped upper, lower, and your choice of length key mod rail,$180.00 If interested, PM me. I have 3 weeks to place the order.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

B.C.

PM sent. Perhaps the Appleseed logo stamped?
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

smoakingun

I was headed for Issac Davis or some revolutionary flag
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

smoakingun

This receiver was done for a group from the Jacksonville Sheriff office.
The fit and finish of these receivers is exceptional.

Thomas Jefferson

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

spitstickler

Do you have pics/specs for the rail?
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

smoakingun

the rail is made in house

Thomas Jefferson

smoakingun

barrel nut and gas block included. also made in house

Thomas Jefferson

spitstickler

I'm in. Just tell me where to send the money and where to tell my ffl to send his stuff.

Do you have weights for the length options on the rail?  I'm assuming 10", 13", 15"?
Would also like a weight on the bbl nut. The older I get the more I appreciate a light rifle.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

smoakingun

I'll have to find out weights. As to length, those are the options

Thomas Jefferson

spitstickler

Awesome. Thx for putting this together!

If we do get to do a custom serial # I'd like to call 04191775. Or 41975 if that fits the format.  If we can't do the serial # that's okay too.

Specialkay

It would appear to be a very good deal. I've always wanted to build an AR from scratch, and it would appear this would make a great opportunity.

What's everyone thinking for the logo?

What's everyone's opinion on the rail, 10", 13" or 15"? I'm leaning more toward the 10", to keep weight down, but not sure . . .
May 2016 - Rifleman - Ramseur (216)
June 10, 2017 - KD Qualified - Ramseur (33/40)
June 11, 2017 - KD Perfect Score - Ramseur (40/40)

B.C.

An Issac Davis stamp would look mighty fine indeed. I fancy a 15" rail for me....
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

DrRichP

I'm in for two. I like the Appleseed logo I use as my picture.

If custom serial numbers are available, put me down for 04191775 and 07041776.  :)
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Specialkay

Isacc Davis in front of the Grand Old Union Flag or Bennington Flag would be my first choice.
Project appleseed logo would be my second.

spitstickler

I'm not too picky on what Revolutionary War era image we use.

It seems like pretty much any flag would work. (I'd throw in the Bedford flag as well as the Pine Tree image from the pine tree flag, and Son's of Liberty flags as potentials) Isaac Davis image pulled from the RWVA logo would work, or the new AS logo would work for me as well.

However, I think mixing two or more of these together will muddy the whole thing up and make it harder to see what it is. I'd prefer keeping the image somewhat simple.

ITB

Shut up and take my money!

I'm in for THREE.  All with rifle-length (15") keymod rail.

I'm with DrRichP, I like the new Appleseed logo.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

HRoark

Journey

I'm in for one (wish I had the cash for more than one)!

I agree with spitstickler that we should choose one logo (perhaps with a phrase above/below). I'm a fan of Cpt. Davis, but there are a lot of great suggestions. As long as it makes it "Appleseed," I'm happy!

I'll be following this thread to see what happens. This looks awesome!

308LIBERTY

I'd definitely be in if I wasn't preparing to move. Maybe once the dust settles, if there are any leftover.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Kimber Custom

I'd like in on this. I really like the modern minute man with the AR but I'm in it for the project (never built my own AR) not the artwork.

https://www.tacticaldrawings.com/shop/cart.cfm?cmd=view.item&tcat=1&scat=1008&productid=45990

kylemason

PM Sent!  Approved by the homeland purchasing department!!

Kyle

NightFisher

You're gonna let us Virginia guys in on this too, right? 

Put me down for two, PM sent...

smoakingun

There seems to be interest. That's good. So far we have 14 interested. We need 25 to make the run. I am considering a single image, Isaac Davis or a flag, an overlayed image, like the new logo, would just muddy things up, a single image come out clear.
For everyone interested, I will get with the manufacturer next week and get details on how he handles shipping and sales out of town and out of state.

Thomas Jefferson

Leadslinger66

I'm in! Would be great to have something special like this related to AS!

PM sent!
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

ITB

We have an inactive instructor who is a graphic artist.  He created our Michigan patch.  I'm sure he could modify the logo so it would come out cleaner, as long as the AOC/Patent Guy sign off on it. 

Just a suggestion. ...

The upper rifle has the custom Michigan logo, modified from the patch:
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

308LIBERTY

This is some custom artwork I had been working on, converted to black and white. Something like this might work.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Minutemom

Smoak you know I'm in. 
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Cable___Guy

Upgrading my order to 2 rifles.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Specialkay

Very nice 3o8. I love the design!