News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AR group buy

Started by smoakingun, May 26, 2016, 06:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

For $180
stripped upper
stripped lower with or without logo
your choice of 10.5" - 13.5" or 15" key mod rail with barrel nut and gas block

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Slothman

Smoak, is it too late to get in on this?  If not, I'd like one!
2015-06-06 - Appleseed 1 / Rifleman - Eagle/McMiller, WI
2016-04-16 - Appleseed 2 / IIT - Lodi, WI
2017-08-27 - "Red Hat" Instructor - Monroe, WI

smoakingun

just getting started
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Messer

I'm interested - can we get it without the keymod?

Bob S.

Blue Hat
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Cold Warrior

FL guys, you rock!
I lived in Jax for 26 years... I sure miss it.
Now I'm deep behind enemy lines in the peoples republic of Maryland.
We have a lot of ranges doing Appleseed though. We're bailing as fast as we can!

I'd like "in" on two of those receivers please.
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

Trebuchet

Is this open to FL residents only? or is there a shipping option to an FFL in MA?

smoakingun

open to the entire program, nation wide

Thomas Jefferson

Trebuchet

Then count me in for one!

Thanks!!!

Journey

I've consulted with the household accountant, and I'd like to up my order to two sets.

Thanks for spearheading this, Smoak!

Minutemom

Yaye!  I like the logo.  Thanks Smoak!  See you in a couple of weeks  ;)
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Trebuchet

Well, I'm out.   The Massachusetts Attorney General just issued a re-interpretation of our laws to classify ALL semi-auto rifles as assault weapons, and are therefore BANNED.  None can be sold or transferred after today.

Any Semi-Auto rifle or shotgun.  The language is vague enough that it even targets our beloved 10/22... which is now classified as a 'weapon of war' according to The People's Republic of Massachusetts'.

Birthplace of the revolution... and the death of freedom.

NJrefugee

Man, that's terrible!  The veterans of April 19th must be looking down in disgust.  I hope they decide to drop by to straighten some folks out  &)

If you're of a mind to vote with your feet, we'd welcome you with open arms here in TX!

smoakingun

In the spirit of keeping everyone up to date, here we go.
The last logo I posted will be the logo. I am currently waiting on final pricing, but the person that took the order does not forsee a change in price.
Once I get pricing, I will post an order sheet. You will be free to order whatever combination of parts you wish.
This will be a single payment transaction. That means your order, funds, and FFL info will come to me. I will submit the total order, and the parts should be run in september/ October.
If you are going to need a rifle shipped, you will have to cover the shipping costs. If you can, groups of folks have parts shipped to a single FFL will save money.
Once I get pricing, I believe we will have a two week window in which to get the order placed

Thomas Jefferson

smoakingun

Update.
I just got word from the shop. The supplier of their castings is backed up. It will be 3 to 4 weeks to get castings. They will let me know when the castings are available. When they become available, they will be able to give me firm pricing and we can place oor order

Thomas Jefferson

Engineer shooting

Quote from: Trebuchet on July 20, 2016, 04:53:39 PM
Well, I'm out.   The Massachusetts Attorney General just issued a re-interpretation of our laws to classify ALL semi-auto rifles as assault weapons, and are therefore BANNED.  None can be sold or transferred after today.

Any Semi-Auto rifle or shotgun.  The language is vague enough that it even targets our beloved 10/22... which is now classified as a 'weapon of war' according to The People's Republic of Massachusetts'.

Birthplace of the revolution... and the death of freedom.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

StoneDog

Quote from: smoakingun on July 22, 2016, 04:09:49 PM
Update.
I just got word from the shop. The supplier of their castings is backed up. It will be 3 to 4 weeks to get castings. They will let me know when the castings are available. When they become available, they will be able to give me firm pricing and we can place oor order

Hi smoakingun, I know you're waiting for the final numbers to come in, but to clarify, the $180 estimate you mentioned back on July 5 included the stripped upper, lower and barrel nut, gas block and choice of handguard? 

"...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..."

--Samuel Adams

smoakingun

Thomas Jefferson

TomM1Thumb

Hey New Shoot Boss, Please put Me down for 2 of these.

Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Charles McKinley

Hello,

Do you have an estimate for shipping to Pennsylvania and when will you need the money?

Thank you,

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

TheMenace

As time goes by the desire increases...count me in for a second set.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Leethar

Tried to send a PM, but not sure it went through. Is it too late to sign up for two?

BluegrassColonel

What is the latest, if anything, on this?
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

Triskaideka

Just looking for an update on this, is there any eta on the timing of when we can expect the pricing and order sheet to come?
June 4th-5th, 2016 - 1st Appleseed/Rifleman - Waterton, IL

KyleC

I'm just now seeing this. I'd be in for 2.

smoakingun

i contacted the mabufacturer, they have begun recieving forgings, but we are not the only orders put on hold. it is looking loke october will be our month

Thomas Jefferson

Charles McKinley

So how and when do we get on the list?

Thank you,

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

MrFixit

I would be interested in one too, if it is possible to get on the list yet...  ;D

Nashville Stage

Quote from: Big Chris on May 30, 2016, 09:46:59 AM
For those who have not yet experienced the joy of building their very own AR, I recommend watching this build
video: https://youtu.be/p8sY5CQmlHI

Thanks for the video link! That's a really good video.

I'm also interested in getting on the list for a set, once the parts are ready to order. Please keep me in the loop (I've tried to PM smoakingun, but I'm guessing that my new status on the forum is blocking that).
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

freedomzxcv

I don't check in enough, I'm in for one if not too late.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - CS Lewis

Proto

First Appleseed- 9/10/2016