News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LeRoy, IL - May 21-22, 2016

Started by Tornado, May 25, 2016, 06:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tornado

19 shooters converged on the LeRoy, IL Rifle and Pistol Club last weekend to enjoy marksmanship and learn about their heritage. They endured some of the nicest weather I've seen in a while. For many, their persistence paid off.

Sis and Scattershot_Sarah joined us from Northern Illinois sharing their experience. We enjoyed getting to know them and hearing their telling of some of the history. Many thanks to all the Instructors & IIT's.

Sunday, Charles Franklin from the Club, gave a black powder musket & rifle demonstration with the opportunity for some to fire them under supervision.

It was a great weekend! 3 new Riflemen. 12 re-qualification scores. 1 new Orange hat. 1 SBiT completed. 1 instructor promotion. Several other shooters knocking on the door.

Thank you to the LeRoy Rifle and Pistol Club and to Catherine Franklin, the club contact. Many thanks to Charles Franklin for the black powder demonstration. Thank you to all the shooters and their family who attended. For those of you who are close to the Rifleman score, dry practice. We hope to see you again.

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Laredo

Sounds like a great shoot!!  Congrats to our new rifleman!

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Purple Lotus

I want to thank Tornado and Amber Waves, Olivia, and Josh, for all their help and time to make this a successful weekend. I really enjoyed working with all of you and Sis and Sarah. I learned a lot and will continue to work on those items that I need to improve on. Thank you again for your time and help. It was a great shoot and great weekend.
catrin1967
It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. John Adams

Doc L

Thanks to Tornado and Crew for a safe, fun, educational experience. I'm so proud to have achieved Rifleman at my first shoot! Couldn't have done it without excellent instruction.