News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ames IA May 21-22 2016

Started by Twineagles, May 23, 2016, 07:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

What a weekend. NO RAIN!!!!

A great group of shooters showed up and allowed us to teach them rifle marksmanship and the importance of our heritage and Liberty.We had a great crew 2 red hats and a trio of IITs. We awarded one rifleman and one re-qualifier this time on a Garand. We had everything from a master class shooter to 12 year old twins and on the line. We watched the groups continually shrink as the shoot went on. We scored some 180-190 AQTs that the shooters were really excited about as they should be. I am expecting to see many of these shooters returning for another shoot to earn their patch!

Great group of shooters to work with really makes me enjoy my weekend.  On both of our post shoot reviews comments from the instructors were all about how hard this group was trying.  Ames Ike's is a great facility and we always seem to get hard working shooters and most are members of the Ames Ike's.

From the crew we all enjoyed meeting you and working with you!

Mike

Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Ames

Here are a few pics I took of the weekend.  We met a great group of folks at this event.  A couple of them were border raiders from the west, many were Ames Ikes members and the rest in between. Hope to see everyone again soon.  Also included are a couple of photos of our lone M1 Garand representative of the weekend (and Rifleman re-qualifier).  Enjoyed hearing that vintage piece proudly bark above the rest on the line (the rifle, not the shooter!  ;D.)

Texas T

Looks like a great shoot, and the weather appears to be perfect. O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017