News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Monticello, MN AAR - May 21-22, 2016

Started by LibertysGirl, May 23, 2016, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LibertysGirl

We had the most glorious weekend in MN.  The host range, Monticello Rod and Gun Club so gracious and welcoming, the line was full with 25 active shooters, the weather was a perfect as possible, the instructor line was stellar, the shooters were just amazing.
This weekend was full of miles stones. 
This was our first returning event at the MR&GC (thank you),
it was my first Shootboss event! (awesome),
it was the fullest line in over 2 years in MN,
we had 4 patches awarded,
we had families attending,
we had youth shooters,
we had an IIT earn his Red Hat ( Way to go Gary,
we had an IIT advancement to IIT 4 ( Rockin it Rick)
we had 2 DSB's instructing on the line!
I mean really WOW!

The shooters we AWESOME!  We had so much improvement it was moving. 

I came home on Sunday reflecting on the weekend and decided there just isn't a better way to spend a weekend.
I have to thank all the volunteer instructors, all the shooters, the range president Chris.  What a gift to be part of this weekend.
Photos can be seen on the MN Appleseed facebook page.

Please leave your comments and feed back on this thread, we love to hear from all of you.

turtleburger

This was my first Appleseed and will not be my last, I brought my two daughters with and they had fun the first day and were ready to come back the second day. There was a lot of information tossed out and one girl got overwhelmed a little here and there but persisted on.
With all the information passed on it takes awhile to process it all, but one thing that stuck with me and I processed later that Sunday night and into the next day is how marksmanship and a few people made a difference in history. I was very thankful for the instructors especially LibertysGirl and Triggernick for helping my girls, the others were great also. The history they shared was done very well.  Now when I get my rifle fit issues delt with so can see down the scope when sitting I will be back and beat that 211 I was happy to get. Also I thank the range for hosting,  I think it was a excellent setup for my first appleseed

Trig

FANTASTIC weekend!  Hope everyone's sunburn is feeling okay by now  :cool2: 
Thank you to MR&GC for hosting and allowing us the use of their facilities!
Thank you to the students for making the decision to get off the couch and improve their skill sets!
Thank you to the Instructors for your time and experience!

Appleseed Monticello MN 5/21-5/22/2016 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Congratulation to our new RIFLEMEN!  :---
Congratulations to those that were RIGHT THERE  (I know we had at least a 209)  KEEP PRACTICING, we've got your patch for next time  :cool2:
and Congratulations to everyone else who started their journey to becoming a rifleman, I hope we can cross paths again on  your journey, I'll be out there  O0
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

martin

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Northland Southpaw

What an awesome event! I knew I would have fun but I had no idea I would learn so much. Thanks so much to the SBs and instructors for volunteering their time and sharing their knowledge.

That was my first Appleseed and it really helped me identify issues with my form, as well as issues with my gear that was making it difficult to achieve proper form... both things that can be corrected!

I can't wait to do an Appleseed again - hopefully this summer!

Trig

Welcome to the forums TurtleBurger and Northland Southpaw!
It was great to meet you guys, and help you on your path to becoming riflemen!

Feel free to send me or LiberysGirl a PM if you have any questions!

keep an eye on the MN schedule as we will have more events added as the summer continues  :cool2:
hope to see ya around  :---
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************