News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

South Range, WI May 21-22-2016

Started by Taylor, May 22, 2016, 08:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Thank you to the Scouts and Leaders who attended our combination Appleseed and Scout Marksmanship merit badge clinic this past weekend.  O0

You all had bucket loads of teachable attitude and showed great progress over the day (a one-day clinic run on both Saturday and Sunday) that you spent with us.  ^:)^

I wish you all success in your continued pursuit of your Marksmanship merit badge. Persist and it will be yours.   :---

And of course now that you've had a taste of Appleseed I'm sure that you'll be back on the line at a future two day Appleseed event.  ;)

Congratulations Cora who persisted all weekend and cleared Sunday's final Redcoat and I mean clear with a capital "C"!   :bow: Next up is your Rifleman patch.  O0

Thanks to all who lent their time and efforts to make this event the success that it was...Chris aka cjcb who did double duty as a Scout leader and as an Appleseed IIT. Luke, Chris' Dad Dale, Steve, Tina and Cora all helped set up, run the event and pack up afterwards.

In addition Tina and Cora found time to prepare a delicious hot lunch both days.  :bow:

You folks are all the best.  O0 I was proud and honored to spend my weekend with this group of fine Americans.  :bow:

Thank you Aurora Ouisconsin Outdoor club for allowing us to use their wonderful facility for the first time. I sincerely hope that this was Project Appleseed's first of many events at your location.  :bow:

We got some nice pictures this weekend and here comes the first batch...

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pics...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Reckless Rick

What a great event!!!!Hats off to Taylor melding together Appleseed and the Scouting... Opening up a pathway for both programs to succeed
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

cjcb

What a great weekend!

Several scouts and their dads made a choice to learn abut marksmanship, American History and American heritage. I know they had other options, including a big camporee that involved trains and a weekend of camping. Mike, they told me this weekend exceeded their expectations. You convinced a lot of folks that this was the real deal. Our Council Executive was impressed. He sees more youth training than you can imagine, and he remarked very positively about the quality of the delivery of the material. I made some new friends this weekend, and extended our message to a wider audience.

Cora wants to go to Duluth in a few weeks to show that clearing that redcoat was no fluke. She wants that Rifleman Patch!

A heartfelt thank you to Gerry and Von for letting us use their great range. Tina and Steve were fantastic instructors for the merit badge side of the instruction. Mike set the table with a fantastic base for marksmanship and inspired the crowd with his delivery of the three strikes. We could not have done this event without the support from Dale, Cora and Luke - each of them veterans of past Appleseeds.

Mike- I cannot say thank you enough for listening to my request to do this event and finding a way to improvise, adapt, and overcome. Thanks for being patient with my phone calls, emails and work on the line. I hope to work another event with you soon.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse. When a people are used as mere human instruments for firing cannon or thrusting bayonets, in the service and for the selfish purposes of a master, such war degrades a people. A war to protect other human beings against tyrannical injustice; a war to give victory to their own ideas of right and good, and which is their own war, carried on for an honest purpose by their free choice, â€" is often the means of their regeneration. A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "

John Stuart Mill, Principles of Political Economy
(20 May 1806 - 8 May 1873) English philosopher and political economist

Texas T

I wish that I'd had this type of opportunity when I was in the scouts.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

RustyRed

Wow great job to all O0 looks like you all had a great time ^:)^

martin

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson