News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Louisville, KY - May 20-22, 2016 NRAAM

Started by BluegrassColonel, May 20, 2016, 04:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluegrassColonel

Set up day.
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

BeSwift

I wanted to take a minute to thank each and every volunteer who helped make this a success... While no event is without obstacles, this crew took AIO to the next level with professionalism and a smile on their face.. I'll be on the road tomorrow and know that we're in good hands.. REALLY... THANK YOU ALL!

BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

BluegrassColonel

There's no way to express how impressed I was with this event. The cadre it was excellent all the way around. I'm sure that the IAAR will much more eloquently describe the activities over the weekend. However, I'm very humbled to have been able to take part.

In Liberty,
Greg Seneff, Sr.
Bluegrass Colonel
Instructor/Shoot Boss
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

WmLyons

Well, I will await word as to the success of the booth but I can jump in and say that we were signing people to events as fast as we could type the entries on the two laptops and on our personal cell phones.  We were asked to come arrange future AS events at multiple new ranges and signed people up in a variety of states.  It seemed a huge success.
My continuing apologies to Mary Louise whom I mistakenly addressed as Geezer.  (In my defense, she was 45 feet away at the opposite end of the table in a noisy restaurant when I first heard her name.)
Great seeing so many of the faces I recently met at the Instructors Boot Camp, Pelham 2016!
Looking forward to Atlanta 2017.

WmLyons
(Bill) to friends

Weezer

Quote from: WmLyons on May 23, 2016, 09:55:54 AM

My continuing apologies to Mary Louise whom I mistakenly addressed as Geezer.

I am considering changing my name to "Geezer".  NJ says it's a better fit.   **)
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

DrRichP

I too would like to thank each and every volunteer who helped make this a success, especially Weezer, ITB, and Janir who collectively did a lot of the heavy lifting. Response to Project Appleseed was overwhelmingly positive everywhere throughout the event. Out booth remained consistently busy throughout the event. What more could we ask for?

I will have more comments to come, but again, thank you volunteers who made this NRAAM 2016 a great success!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Kimber Custom

Thanks for letting me crash the party. Nice to meet you all. I hope the official IAAR is posted in the IAAR section so other volunteers can see the results of our work.

Corvette

Agreed with all above.  And, my thanks to Rascal21 for keeping me in line and for all she did to help keep the booth staffing under control and working at its best.  Too all, great work and my thanks.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

ITB

IAAR is pending.  Had a big event at work today, it will be posted tomorrow.  Sorry for the delay
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

malabar

Quote from: Weezer on May 23, 2016, 01:30:08 PM
Quote from: WmLyons on May 23, 2016, 09:55:54 AM

My continuing apologies to Mary Louise whom I mistakenly addressed as Geezer.

I am considering changing my name to "Geezer".  NJ says it's a better fit.   **)
No no: My kids have already started calling me "geezer."
One in a program is enough.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

ITB

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23