News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX May 14/15 2016 AAR

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, May 20, 2016, 02:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

14 shooters joined us at the CCC Shooting Complex on Saturday May 14, 2016. We had one walk-on shooter - ‘cause Saudiaggie saw fit to  bring someone with him!

We really had a great crew of instructors on deck at this event - b1rdd0g, Ghostring, Tank5, TT92 and Saudiaggie . I cannot thank them enough. Having a team of 6 instructing made for a very safe, enjoyable and smooth event.

Ghostring spearheaded the range set up. Once shooters were checked in they were put to work helping set up the range. We had a couple of late arrivals show up during the morning briefing so the safety briefing was repeated for their benefit - those that heard it once before should be especially safe now after hearing some of it a second time - right?

Weather was overcast Saturday and forecast indicated afternoon rain - which did manifest. The shooters just shrugged it off. On occasion we heard distant thunder, but there were no close lightning strikes.  Somehow, some way we avoided our traditional College Station April MUDFEST.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Getting ready for the first Hits Count target.

Survey says...

Sling usage.

6 steps.

Ghostring is good at getting everyone involved.

NPOA.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Do we need to report a theft?  ???

Rain was coming down and time was short - we did not get to a Hits Count target Saturday PM. We cleaned up the range and adjourned to a covered area for the Third Strike history before ending the day.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday AM 11 shooters returned. We started with Hits Count and the results were much better than day one.

Reviewing Steady Hold Factors for Standing.

Ghostring does a fine job telling us about Dangerous Old Men.

AQT grind.

Ladyseed Man Slave

HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!

A RIFLEMAN IS FORGED!

Ed made a Rifleman score of 220. He was admonished to never do that bad again.

There was a very high percentage of the shooters Sunday "knocking on the door" - many were scoring over 180 on the AQT.

The grind continued...

At one point we stopped and did our final Hits Count. Tank5 brought out his Civil War era smokepole for a demo.

At that point those departing helped clean up the range.

I invited those that wanted to continue shooting AQTs to do so. 4 stayed. We were able to get in one more AQT before a very visible rain front came upon us.

At that point was final cleanup and we departed. No other Riflemen were forged, but many were sooo clooose.

See you next time!

Ladyseed Man Slave

scuzzy

Cool! Looks like it was another really good shoot at CS.

Tank and Ghostring will be out at Waco this weekend. Been awhile since I've seen them - since when I gave them the orange hats. Glad they are in the CS area to help.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Weezer

So THAT'S where my hat went!   **)

Looks like you had a great event, rain aside.    :)
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

sleepy Joe

By the numbers