News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Schoolmaster James Hayward

Started by Engineer shooting, May 17, 2016, 02:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

On the morning of April 19, 1775, James Hayward made his way from his father's home in West Acton, Massachusetts to the home of Captain Isaac Davis, commander of the town's Minute Company. The road along which Davis lived, ironically, is today named not for the bold leader of the Acton Minutemen who actually resided there but for the young schoolmaster. Hayward walked the route not just on that momentous April morning, but nearly every morning on his way to the town's schoolhouse. Hayward likely arrived at Capt. Davis's farm around 5 a.m., just around sunrise and about the same time, 13 miles away in Lexington, that the British Regulars reached the Green and confronted the provincial militia there. Hayward was among the first to report to the captain's house. But he had no business being there.

The rest of the story.....

https://historicaldigression.com/tag/isaac-davis/

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther